Steyr 12 M 18, expedition truck, Apple Valley, CA $99K

fvi

You dream of traveling around the world in vanlife (RV) safely, here is what you need
STEYR 12M18 expedition truck converted to motorhome in 2012. 4-wheel drive powered by a 6 cylinder Diesel engine 6.6L
Frame construction is aluminum panels over aluminum cage, rock wool insulation and 25mm marine plywood.
Passage cabin/home.

Equipment:
  • Diesel heating and hot water with the Truma combi D6.
  • WEBASTO diesel cooker.
  • WAECO fridge 12/24, 110/220 volts.
  • Refrigerator compartment: 108L, Freezer compartment: 10L
  • Porcelain marine toilet with JABSCO triturator and flush,
  • 2 solar panels on the roof for a total of 550 watts at 24 volts, 1 Lithium Lifepo4 24 volt, 280 ampere solar battery, with control application on the mobile phone.
  • Victron MPPT 100/30 charge controller with remote control on mobile phone.
  • 2500 watt converter. BÜTTNER control unit,
  • DOMETIC 3000 watt generator (gas).
  • Water purification by filters and UV light (operates at 12 volts). Clean water 55 gallons or 200L, black water 55 gallons or 200L, gray water 25 gal or 95L. All tanks are stainless steel.
  • The drain outlets have easy connection.
  • Load carrier on electric winch (also used to maneuver the second spare wheel).
Amenities:
  • Queen bed in the direction of travel and possibility of adding a child's bed in the living area.
  • Large L-shaped living room that can easily accommodate 5-6 people.
  • 3 DOMETIC double-glazed windows of 1.00x0.50 m and one of 0.45x0.45 m with screens and blackout curtains.
  • Lighting by LEDS, 4 strips (2 of 1.5 m, 1 of 2 m and 4 m in the bathroom and 4 reading spots.
  • Large mosquito net on the entrance door.
  • Lots of interior storage and exterior lockers.
Included:
- Dishes
- Bedding and household linen
- Many tools, filters and parts for the truck
- Bike rack
- Beach games
- Folding chairs and table
- Gas stove with 2 burners
- Wedges and towing straps

Mechanics:
to be specified, I'm a "better is better......."
  • 6 tires 50% used (can run 25/30 000 Km - 16/19,000 miles)
  • Engine oil change due every 10 000 Km (6,500 miles), ZF gearbox oil change to be done in 475 000 km :), Differential oil change carried out 25 000 KM (15,000 miles)ago. Lubrication every 5 000 km (3,500 miles).
  • 4 diesel filters: 1 filter decanter, 2 normal, 1 decanter just before the pump.
  • 2 fuel tanks for a total of 450 l (99 gal)
Permanent 4x4, no electronics, easy to repair everywhere, all the original technical documentation including, T U V from 2012.
Average consumption of only 20l/100 km (12 m/gal).
Now Registered in Quebec, was registered in Florida.
Available in California.
IMG_6409.jpg
IMG_4879.jpg
IMG_4280.jpg
IMG_4308.jpg
IMG_4312.jpg
IMG_4309.jpg
IMG_4310.jpg
IMG_1380.jpeg
IMG_0294.jpeg
Price: $99,000 USD - 97 000 Euros

Doggo and I

Hello, how many miles or km are on this Steyr? Is this constructed so none of the water and waste tanks will freeze? I am a travel nurse and take contracts in the winter in northern states so I need a fully winterized rig. Does this overlander have chains for each wheel? Thank you in advance.

Abitibi

Explorer
This is not mine but belongs to a good friend of mine. Awesome truck. It has 62,000 miles.

Sorry, can't answer your other questions.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Hello, how many miles or km are on this Steyr? Is this constructed so none of the water and waste tanks will freeze? I am a travel nurse and take contracts in the winter in northern states so I need a fully winterized rig. Does this overlander have chains for each wheel? Thank you in advance.

This might help you make contact (and perhaps help with your questions):

(Same truck listed on expeditionmeister.com)

-S

Anyone have experience getting parts and service for these in the US? We love the interior and truck, but not sure how maintenance will be. Also it needs to be imported, and wondering what that would cost.

fvi

The truck has about 100 000 km.
It is more a 3 seasons. We lived in it with -10c, no issue but less can freeze black and grey water exterior pipes.
No chains

fvi

Anyone have experience getting parts and service for these in the US? We love the interior and truck, but not sure how maintenance will be. Also it needs to be imported, and wondering what that would cost.
It is easy to getting parts and service. No a big maintenace : oil change every 10 000 km, tire rotation and grease every 5 000 km.
Now it is registered in florida

FourSeason's

If your truck is still for sale, I would like to take a look at it, and is there a link to a build blog or site?
so I could see more pictures of the guts?
Thanks
Tom D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles