Step by step wheelchair use of bed top tent

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I got a lot of good feedback on Corbin's use of a roof tent with his truck.
However a few folks wanted to know more about exactly how it worked and I figured it should be here where it can be found by future searches.

So here are a few pics and the rest of the story is here.

Now it is time to show you how Corbin opens his tent and gets inside for that blissful nights rest.
Magically the cover has been removed, don't worry we will touch on that later. But you can see how Corbin is making use of a cool tool we found at SEMA. The Ez-Retriever has become a valuable tool for Corbin with the ability to extend all the way into the truck bed and as you see here to help in the opening of his tent.
opentent2.jpg

He then scoots under the tent and onto a milk crate. Now that we know this method works for him expect to see something more "overlanding stylish" like a Pelican case or wicked Zarges shinny aluminum box. But when you are trying new things it is better not to spend money until all the details are worked out.
Corbin wanted to stress an important point here. Make sure whatever you use has some sort of non-skid surface so that it doesn't slide right out from under you!

onmilkcrate.jpg

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
I'm surprised Corbin hasn't fabbed up a storage box, or even a bench instead of using milk crates.
He seems to be a pretty good welder. :D

corbin8or

Adventurer
I'm actually planing something... but right now it seems to work sitting on top of my action packer that I use for my clothes. Mimi and I each have one and that leaves them in a good spot to reach when we are in the RTT. I use a cargo bar to hold them in place while on the trail.
the milk crate is now what we use for a quick trash bin when we stop to pick stuff up on the trail. I have a reacher thing so I can pick stuff up from the seat of the truck and then its long enough that I can reach past the rear door and drop it in the milk crate from the driver's seat. just doin' my part

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles