Steering wheel turns into table....

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Pretty cool!

But I wonder, if you aren’t too careful and lean on it too hard, will the horn blast off?

FORD has announced it’s discontinuing its smaller Transit van in North America. It’d be nice to see them gassify this good looking EV van and bring it over here.

alanymarce

Hmm - I've seen people on the highway reading the newspaper, reading a book, and doing their make-up in the mirror (different drivers...). I hope there's an interlock to prevent using this when driving or sooner or later I'll see someone eating lunch from the table while moving!

Does look handy though.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I hope there's an interlock to prevent using this when driving or sooner or later I'll see someone eating lunch from the table while moving!
The first time they come to a curve or a turn, they'll be in for a rude awakening when their lunch slides off the table when the wheel turns, lol

Johnboyy

Pretty cool!

But I wonder, if you aren’t too careful and lean on it too hard, will the horn blast off?

FORD has announced it’s discontinuing its smaller Transit van in North America. It’d be nice to see them gassify this good looking EV van and bring it over here.

I havent heard anything about it going to the States and I'm guessing that Mercedes pulling the Metris from the US market wouldnt inspire much confidence.

Even though it's all E-Transit Custom this and E-Tourneo Custom that in their blurbs there will be diesel and I'd assume gasoline versions too. The current Transit Custom is the best mid size van in Europe for the last 7 or 8 years really so the new generation will hopefully build on that.

And it's going to be the T7 VW Transporter too after a tie up between VW and ford that has seen them sharing designs.

The next VW Amarok is a Ford Ranger, the next Ford Transit Connect is a VW Caddy and the next VW Transporter is a Ford Transit custom. I'd imagine if this relationship is successful that either the VW Crafter or the Ford Transit will be getting the chop to be replaced by a badge engineered alternative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles