Steering/Front End Upgrades...2018 JKU Rubicon

BooseOverland

I've got a 2018 JKU Rubicon, 2.5AEV and 315s. Fairly heavy loaded, low miles 35k but am in the process of looking into upgrading front end components. What are you guys/gals liking? Like most of us most of the miles are on road, but i frequent forest service roads while camping/exploring.

SBSYNCRO

When you say "front end components" what are you referring to? Steering? I'm running a 2.5" lift from Rock Krawler and ended up replacing their lower control arms and front track bar with units from Synergy, which were a big improvement, in my opinion. At the same time I went ahead and added the Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace and Steering Kit (Tie rod & drag link). I flipped the drag link since my front is lifted about 3" and it flattened things out nicely. The result is that my steering is now extremely tight and predictable. If anything it might be a bit too "responsive". But what I love about everything is that it can be adjusted ON THE VEHICLE with simple hand tools (including the control arms). Eventually I plan to do the rear track bar, but that will be after I install taller Synergy springs (with the RK springs in the back I'm only getting about 1" lift on the driver's side and 1/2" on the passenger side when I'm loaded for a trip).

(Oh, and yes some of you may notice that the track bar is installed at the wrong angle - I subsequently fixed that. )

IMG_3180 (4).jpg

Last edited:

R4D4R

While I don't have a lift, my steering did get worn out and I replaced the track bar and drag link with the steer smarts yeti stuff and am highly impressed. Thing steers like new and took the shimmies out. Just got back from a 5 hr trip from mass to the Adirondacks and didn't want to kill myself when I was done. On the stock steering, I was worn out after 3 hours. Would do again, the stuff is beefy

Vanhalo

I have the same lift and tire size on a 2016 JKUHR with 32k miles.
I installed the HD Teraflex Trackbar and SS when I installed the AEV lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior