Steering box question

Storz

Explorer
Noticed over the weekend that my steering box is dripping some fluid from where the arm comes out of the bottom of it. Are the boxes rebuildable/serviceable or will I need a new one? This is one the 02 DII.

Thanks

roverowner

Funny you post this....I am currently trying to find a link to an aftermarket place that was recommended for a very reliable rebuilt that beefed up the bearings or something. IF I find it I will put it here.

rover4x4

Adventurer
is the drop arm loose? Fill the reservoir up with the Lucas PS fluid. Seems these boxes are readily available.

achampagne

Explorer
I thought mine was leaking bad, but turned out the hose fittings just needed snugged up/ replaced, easy fix.

DividingCreek

Explorer
Years ago when Lanny Clark was @ Rovers North he told me to put a tablespoon or two of brake fluid in my power steering reservoir. The brake fluid serves to soften the sealing surface-my leak stopped completely. I too have used the Lucas product on a 110 that started leaking profusely @ Uwharrie a couple of years ago- works pretty well.

lynx40

leaking steering box

hi
Ref leaking steering box yes they are serviceable common fault on disco 1 and 2.Sounds like the seals have perished part number QFW 100180 geniune landrover but crossreferance US part numbers :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94