Steel channel U fittings to mount RTT

I bought some steer channel U fittings from Grainger to mount my RTT to my 1.5" square tubing I have on the trailer. They are little bigger than that, and I need some type of rubber or such strips to put in to take up the slack. Any ideas? All I could find at home depot was door insulation, but I'm not to high on that idea.

Link

5YE15_AS02

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Cut small pieces of sidewall from an old tire or a piece of conveyor belt. Or rubber flooring, or the sole of a shoe, or drain plugs from a sink. Or fat o-rings....

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
I bought some steer channel U fittings from Grainger to mount my RTT to my 1.5" square tubing I have on the trailer. They are little bigger than that, and I need some type of rubber or such strips to put in to take up the slack. Any ideas? All I could find at home depot was door insulation, but I'm not to high on that idea.......
Why aren't you using the traditional RTT mounting plate system? They work on round or square bars - actually better on square bars. You can fab the plates yourself out of scrap metal and get the carriage bolts and nuts at most hardware stores. Others have given you ideas for rubber spacers. My RTT came with only 4 mounts for 2 bars, but I wanted to mount it to 3 bars and fabbed up the additional mounts on my own.

IMG_1339.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles