Stealth Camper Build

Stouttrout

Adventurer
It would be too high and is not need. I pulled it it up through, Pouhgkeepsie Gulch, Engineer, Placer Gulch and many side trails and never hit anything. If it had been higher it would have have been raise the center of gravity and pushed the Jeep out n steep inclines going down switch backs like those on Corkscrew. It didn't this way. The 35's take it over everything and keep it low. The height was planned and until I actually hit something, This will be the set up. No need for more, if the placement and tires are right.

Forward

How did the power roof vent work out? I am building a 4x8 and was thinking of using 2 in my roof. Money is low, so if one will work then that would save me $$$$. I am putting two windows in and the door also has a window.

Stouttrout

Adventurer
The model I got works great. It does act like a ceiling fan but does get all the humidity out. The fact that it is also adjustable is great. I grew up with no AC so I am comfortable with any breeze and low humidity. This give me both. Hottest I have stayed in it would be about 80* I just opened the window and cracked the door.

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Here is a picture of us on top of Engineer Pass in the San Juans, Co. 12800 Above Sea Level. A PArk Ranger Stopped me later and said, "Well we heard about it but could not believe it." I said, "Heard What?" He Replied, "We heard some guy was bringing an RV over the mountain. You know you're not supposed to do that?"

603332_10201543551778731_507924278_n_zpshbf5omux.jpg

Last edited:

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Nice job! :Wow1:

Wonder if you had a tarp cover for the roof, and cover the window while on the road if that would help the stealthy part. Get that work trailer look. The tarp could add some shade at camp, maybe stay on if you had to stop at a Lowes parking lot.

Nice interior, really like the A/C rig! :coffeedrink:

Stouttrout

Adventurer
The tires do not help much either. I thought about making a cover our of Aluminum that would conceal the window. Still trying to source and old aluminum ladder to cut and hide the Solar panels. I may be doing my first lot stay in it this weekend. Got meeting out of town and the weather is so good i would rather haul it and save the coin.

dcollier32

Adventurer
So, the AC. Do you keep it inside the trailer when traveling, and then set it up once you have reached you destination? I'm curious, I'm currently building a removable camper top for my 5x8 utility trailer, and was thinking of a way to do AC. I like your idea if you made it removable for traveling...

PS--> If you mentioned that on your thread I'm sorry if Im kicking a dead horse :)

Last edited:

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Yes, Since i do not camp much in the summer down here, I rarely need it so I wanted something that was removable. Our camping needs seem to change with every trip. The more modular the better. Everything is built with a bolt on bolt off plan. There is plenty of room in the rear compartment for the AC and Generator.

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Man, sorry just saw this last post. I use a honda 2000watt. It is quite and works perfect.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online