Stealth Camper Build

Stouttrout

Adventurer
That's a great idea with the AC system. I looked at those ClimateRight air conditioning units, but the price is too steep. Do you have any suggestions or any info for me to do a similar thing you did? What did you do to "seal" the flange? How is it still holding up? Thanks

So far it works great. Not sure I would change anything. So far, 4 summer trips. it has worked flawlessly. The cargo container is so insulated it will freeze you out. Are you asking about the flanges on the floor? I just used silicone behind them and they come with caps to cover when not in use. So far I am VERY happy with it, and it is hard to beat to price.

Stouttrout

Adventurer
So far I have not used it in super high humidity so I can not report on the exhaust and intake positions. I Did make it so I can change the location of each.

Cruiser

Adventurer
Just a tip for your AC,, for a lighter AC you can modify a dehumidifier.. they are basically a small AC unit.. remove the covers and separate the cores so the cold one blows into a duct and the hot blow away from the cold.. Takes a bit of tinkering but you get an AC that usually is on wheels, has 1/3 the weight of a normal unit and uses 1/3 the electricity. A friend of mine cools her ford van with one in the summer during camping trips.. works great.. I'm going to build one as soon as I find a working one for free.. or almost free..

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Little side trip with the little girl: We ran from San Luis Pass in Galveston to Sabine Pass. Great trip.

310013_10201074543533818_725172533_n_zps99ncjbhx.jpg

579515_10201074535173609_435753038_n_zpsgpsehdoc.jpg

965970_10201074578734698_1979384571_o_zpswbq3saqd.jpg

Last edited:

Stouttrout

Adventurer
No idea of weight. It pulls good with my heavy brick in the wind and a little V6. I may go weigh it soon just to get an idea.

Hoss86

Observer
Stouttrout,

Where do you place the generator when you run the ac unit? Do you leave it running all night? I'm debating all those questions because I'm concerned about carbon monoxide poisoning. I'm here in Texas too and using some of your ideas to work with my steath camper. Have you ever stealth camped in Texas with generator and ac unit?

Hoss86

Observer
Thank You.

We took it out a tested the AC good. I works great. The 2000 watt generator barely used any fuel all night,

Stouttrout,

Where do you place the generator when you run the ac unit? Do you leave it running all night? I'm debating all those questions because I'm concerned about carbon monoxide poisoning. I'm here in Texas too and using some of your ideas to work with my steath camper. Have you ever stealth camped in a parking lot with generator and ac unit?

Stouttrout

Adventurer
No I have never camped in a lot with the AC and Generator. I lock the Generator behind the Passenger side tire with a cable. So far I have no problems with it. Do you have pics of your build? Write up?

Stouttrout

Adventurer
BTW, I just pulled it over Engineer pass last week. 12,800 feet. Camped in it with my wife and 7 year old for 14 days.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Have you ever thought of flipping the axel? It would raise your trailer about 3-4" and would not cost you a dime.

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles