Stealth Camper Build

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Got the Rat Rack done almost. This is were the kiddo will sleep.

This is pick from the back. Storage under it will be accessible from the rear door.

This is pic from the inside:

Last edited:
Stealth

I'm in the process of building my stealth van and I am trying to think of something to paint on the outside to discourage rip off artists. Something like "poisonous reptile transport" or " adult diaper service".
Any suggestions?

Stouttrout

Adventurer
I put a bioharzard deca on the fridge in my shop and told everyone i got the fridge from a hospital. Kept everyone out :) I like the Adult Diaper Service idea.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Americas Overland - The Driving Handbook
by Donald Greene
From $20
The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United Stat...
by TeriAnn Wakeman
From $64.95
Long Way Down: An Epic Journey by Motorcycle from Scotlan...
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $40
Road Fever (Vintage Departures)
by Tim Cahill
From $7.99
Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why
by Laurence Gonzales
From $9.99

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Solar is in

Rat Rack... Better shot:

Closets:

Storage under the rat Rack. Batteries and water tank and gear packed for the first road trip.

Front door and closets

Last edited:

Stouttrout

Adventurer
No. Tires sit pretty far back and there is another water tank in the front to use for ballast. So, the water tank may not be full and the front might be.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
One thing this type of trailer does not have is a light tongue weight. I've been trying to think of things to add to mine (just slightly bigger than this one) behind the axle just to get the hitch ball weight under 500 lbs.

Great looking build by the way. I like the solar panel setup. Can't wait to get something like that on mine, but I'm thinking I'll try and make mine movable since I always seem to be in the shade when we camp.

Don

-

Stouttrout

Adventurer
I have thought about the shade problem. I may make a portable set up I can roll out of the back and set up. Your right about the tongue weight but you also do not want to get one of these to light. When you do they will get more sway in them. It has to be just right.

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Ha. Yeah they look bright. The are but not too bright. i also have them hooked up on separate switches so I can tone it down.

Accrete

Explorer
I enjoyed the read through your build thread. The "Stealth" in the tittle caught my attention as i am in the design stage of something similar though on a larger scale (7' x 7' x 18' by ATC) for use on fire trails/blm roads behind our chevy 1500 AWD van.

Best wishes on the build and adventure...Happy trails.

Thom

Recommended books for Overlanding