Status of US Maltec Campers?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
DON’T OPEN THE MALTEC SITE today !

Ya’ll......something is seriously ******ked up with their website. I tried it, had huge blurry pictures load and block the screen, and then another page opened up with some B.S. spamming contest page that had nada to do with Maltec!

But getting back to the main topic....what year is that Troopy?

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
DON’T OPEN THE MALTEC SITE today !

Ya’ll......something is seriously ******ked up with their website. I tried it, had huge blurry pictures load and block the screen, and then another page opened up with some B.S. spamming contest page that had nada to do with Maltec!

But getting back to the main topic....what year is that Troopy?

Someone will be addressing the website soon.

The troopy is built on and titled as a 1990 80 series. Everything is brand new except for the factory locked axles (not available from Toyota) and they have all new parts down to the wheel studs.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
How hard is it to give some basic details?
Price is a really good idea if you want to sell something
More pics of the inside since that is the big deal with Maltec
What state is it titled in?
Engine setup?
What kind of mpg and fluid capacity for fuel/water?

C p weinberger

All new parts for a landcruiser, what the heck can that cost?? I remember somebody did a study years ago Where they built a car from scratch using replacement original parts and it was 10 times the purchase price of a new car.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
All new parts for a landcruiser, what the heck can that cost?? I remember somebody did a study years ago Where they built a car from scratch using replacement original parts and it was 10 times the purchase price of a new car.

For the Troopy $139K is the asking price for all new:)

If ground transportation goes well the Maltec Maximum cabin will be on display and available at the North West Overland Rally.

C p weinberger

139,000?
I just don’t get this modern mindset.. just throw a pile of money at every possible issue so nothing ever goes wrong on the journey...So people spend forever saving up enough money to buy something that will never break down, with every type of recovery equipment you can imagine, When they could be on the road enjoying themselves. Spend some time learning about the vehicle you own. An older Land Cruiser is about the easiest vehicle you can fix and maintain. I’ve driven the older diesels 100,000 miles with no problems. I would not hesitate to import a diesel powered Land Cruiser from Japan, give it a compression check, Check change all fluids, replace the radiator, clutch and service items and head south for six months of worry free driving. And if you run into a mechanical problem, Either fix it or have it fixed. The slight nagging worry That something might go wrong is part of the adrenaline that keeps you going.
Stop trying to drive 75 mph with an expedition vehicle, get one that’ll get to 68 mph with a tail wind and save yourself a lot of time, effort and money.
My 2$

MTSN

Explorer
139,000?
I just don’t get this modern mindset.. just throw a pile of money at every possible issue so nothing ever goes wrong on the journey...So people spend forever saving up enough money to buy something that will never break down, with every type of recovery equipment you can imagine, When they could be on the road enjoying themselves. Spend some time learning about the vehicle you own. An older Land Cruiser is about the easiest vehicle you can fix and maintain. I’ve driven the older diesels 100,000 miles with no problems. I would not hesitate to import a diesel powered Land Cruiser from Japan, give it a compression check, Check change all fluids, replace the radiator, clutch and service items and head south for six months of worry free driving. And if you run into a mechanical problem, Either fix it or have it fixed. The slight nagging worry That something might go wrong is part of the adrenaline that keeps you going.
Stop trying to drive 75 mph with an expedition vehicle, get one that’ll get to 68 mph with a tail wind and save yourself a lot of time, effort and money.
My 2$

Or some people want the best and most unique rig and can easily afford it and the price for peace of mind is worth it to them. Not everyone wants it to have an old crappy truck that might well break down because “that’s part of the fun” in order to enjoy their time in the backcountry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles