Status of US Maltec Campers?

victorc

We are in the market for a new vehicle and Maltec is pretty much what we are looking for.
What's the best way to contact them, I am not sure they will ever respond to my email ??

MuleShoer

Adventurer
Really? They respound? To whom? Ive been waiting a month. It‘s like elephant's making and having a baby: lots of early nosie, commotion and hoopla then it two years before you see results. Wheres the web site that was going to “launch soon“ last march? We are now considering alternatives for the tundra build.....sorry this is very frustrating

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Really? They respound? To whom? Ive been waiting a month. It‘s like elephant's making and having a baby: lots of early nosie, commotion and hoopla then it two years before you see results. Wheres the web site that was going to “launch soon“ last march? We are now considering alternatives for the tundra build.....sorry this is very frustrating

Been up for some time Maltec.org it is slow to load though.

Currently, 2 US builds are underway.

MuleShoer

Adventurer
So where are the two US builds taking place? USA ?? or germany ??
if it is the USA where is the facility? I might want to visit if i decide to us them. The web site is generic the US address is a pobox. Like i said i sent an email requesting build info and a phone conversation and got ...crickets. After the debacle with XPCamper my trust level is on high alert

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
So where are the two US builds taking place? USA ?? or germany ??
if it is the USA where is the facility? I might want to visit if i decide to us them. The web site is generic the US address is a pobox. Like i said i sent an email requesting build info and a phone conversation and got ...crickets. After the debacle with XPCamper my trust level is on high alert

All builds are in Germany nothing is built in the USA.

MuleShoer

Adventurer
So what does “Maltec USA” do?
I was under the impression work would be done here, maybe not the carbon fiber shell but installation and integration For sure. Shipping a truck oconus add 10% to the cost. I guess I got excited when i saw the tundra picture

victorc

We are in the market for a new vehicle and Maltec is pretty much what we are looking for.
What's the best way to contact them, I am not sure they will ever respond to my email ??

To balance the comments above, I just want to say that they responded to my email pretty quickly and I actually had a good experience with them.

And from my understanding, they are building a showroom in Colorado (and will also provide some service). All the work will still be done in Germany.

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Digging up an older thread after a friend talking about a new project and asking about Maltec conversions....
What is the latest with Maltec Germany, and Maltec USA? German site has recently had a security warning for me on numerous devices and before that had the same handful of converted vehicles for sale, www.maltec-us.com still has a generic HelloWorld(ie Wordpress-style) post, Maltec-US Facebook page hasn't had a post since 2018. Is Tim McGrath/Sackwear still the US "dealer?" Is he just a middleman between sending a US vehicle to Malte at Maltec for a conversion, and then receiving the vehicle back after 12-14mos?

With these basic business red flags (if you're truly an active business, it's not difficult to have a working website and/or current socials posts to instill some confidence in your potential customer base) and too many stories here and on socials from ex/current owners about Maltec builds gone wrong and possible shady practices, it'd be good to know what the heck is up with Maltec.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles