stator capacity upgrade?

worthingtontw

Observer
I have kind of an odd ball question. I'm in the process of building a bike engine powered locost (lotus 7 replica's that are sub 1000 pounds) and one thing I want to be able to do is be able to run is run 110 watts worth of lights additional to the roughly 200 watts that will be minimally required to run all of the car's systems and required lighting. I'm going to be using a Yamaha FJR 1300 engine which to my understanding the stator is rated to 290 watts there about at 3000 rpm.

I figure if any group is going to know about upgrading the out put of the stator its going to be you guys so hopefully you can shed some light on the subject.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Capt Sport

Adventurer
Worthingtontw,

Try these guys: http://www.rickystator.com/

My buddy upgraded the stator on his Hyabusa powered buggy to run more powerful lights with one of their stators and it worked out great. He also upgraded a 250r three wheeler to run HID's which also worked out really well. Dam thing turns night into day, I practically didn't even need a light following him around on night rides.

robert

Expedition Leader
BajaDesigns sells upgraded stators too. From what I've read on several forums I'm on, higher output stators don't tend to have the life expectancy of a stock unit- often much shorter. Inspect your connections carefully and ensure it gets as much cooling as possible. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles