State inspection

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
I just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee with a Rough Country lift. Having some work done at a dealership that I couldn’t do because I’m post back surgery. The Jeep needs a inspection sticker but the inspector is going to ignore the lift. The Jeep only has 32” tires on it. I was wondering if anyone has troubles getting a inspection sticker. I see other vehicles taller then my Cherokee.

pittsburgh

tacocat
I just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee with a Rough Country lift. Having some work done at a dealership that I couldn’t do because I’m post back surgery. The Jeep needs a inspection sticker but the inspector is going to ignore the lift. The Jeep only has 32” tires on it. I was wondering if anyone has troubles getting a inspection sticker. I see other vehicles taller then my Cherokee.

Where do you live? not all states require inspection or have the same rules/laws if they do.

I am in PA, my TJ is lifter with a 2.5" OME but the inspection garage would never even question my suspension unless bushings were bad and as for tires as long as they sit under the flares they won't notice them much either.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Thank you everyone for the links. The woman at the service counter pushed to get the truck inspected. She got the examiner to overlook the lift and aftermarket headlights. It’s inspected. Next year will find another place.

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Thank you everyone for the links. The woman at the service counter pushed to get the truck inspected. She got the examiner to overlook the lift and aftermarket headlights. It’s inspected. Next year will find another place.
Are you a member of bay state Jeepers? They can help you understand the laws and how to pass. Limit on lift is a function of width in MA law... I can't remember what the factor is. Aftermarket headlights only need to be DOT legal. Get with a local club and they can walk you through it. (I'm in Exploring NH but we have a lot of members in MA)

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Are you a member of bay state Jeepers? They can help you understand the laws and how to pass. Limit on lift is a function of width in MA law... I can't remember what the factor is. Aftermarket headlights only need to be DOT legal. Get with a local club and they can walk you through it. (I'm in Exploring NH but we have a lot of members in MA)
Thank you, Is Exploring NH accepting new members? I’m close to Keene NH.

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Thank you, Is Exploring NH accepting new members? I’m close to Keene NH.

Yes sir. We aren't a formal club but we get together and get outdoors frequently. We also help each other out with wrenching and other issues. Here's a link to the forum:

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Yes sir. We aren't a formal club but we get together and get outdoors frequently. We also help each other out with wrenching and other issues. Here's a link to the forum:

Thank you, Me and my wife are looking to move to NH as soon as they are done with my back and headaches.

jonb8

Adventurer
I'm from WV, and we have to get a special inspection called a "modified sticker" It's a bigger then a regular state sticker and all vehicles that are modified from stock form have to have one. It's more expensive per year then regular stickers and a pain... only good thing is it forces me to keep my jeep in great condition...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles