Starting new build - 2022 Frontier

plumber mike

Adventurer
Interesting. A bunch of little things or a certain one?
There were several little things I didn’t like but the behavior of the auto trans was probably the biggest. The aggressive nature of the cruise control was another. I found it almost unusable. The mileage not using it did exceed my expectations however.
Probably more me than the truck, but for the money spent I fully expect to love it rather than thinking it’s just ok. I’m wondering how much quality has slipped among all the brands recently. I’ve had several GM’s over the years too and found their quality had gone down considerably on a 2022 I test drove.

trasko

Adventurer
The aggressive nature of the cruise control was another. I found it almost unusable.

I've got a 2008 Fronty so I can't compare there, however my wife drives a 2020 Subaru. The "smart" cruise control hammers the gas AND brakes to maintain the speed very aggressively. I found in the settings that this is configurable to a few different levels. I dropped it just by one and it has made it a lot better. And by "a lot better" I mean just how I would do it. ;-) One wonders if it is possible to adjust on the new Frontier.

scarysharkface

Explorer
I've got a 2008 Fronty so I can't compare there, however my wife drives a 2020 Subaru. The "smart" cruise control hammers the gas AND brakes to maintain the speed very aggressively. I found in the settings that this is configurable to a few different levels. I dropped it just by one and it has made it a lot better. And by "a lot better" I mean just how I would do it. ;-) One wonders if it is possible to adjust on the new Frontier.
The only issue I can see with the CC on mine thus far is that all three following settings still have me closer to the vehicle I'm following than I would prefer. Switching it doesn't seem to make much difference.

I believe Tow/Haul mode will make it considerably more aggressive on the brakes.

Love the truck so far.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles