Started my trialer build today.

awol

Observer
Thanks! Hopefully the pace will quicken once I get the welding finished. Then I can bring it home and work.

awol

Observer
Managed to get some more done. Broke my Jeep 2 weeks ago so it has been a little slow going. Got the trailing arms all welded up and mounted back in place so I could get the tires on and be able to roll it around. The tires are just a couple used ones for rollers. Ordered my Max Coupler so hopefully it arrives this week. Ordered from Knights Trailer and so far I am not to thrilled with their service. Air bag mounts I designed arrived today. They are certainly overkill... Hopefully I can get this pulled home this weekend and start on the rest.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

awol

Observer
Yeah. I wish this space was mine. It will get depressing when I pull it back to my garage this weekend... The .125 was a huge difference and that first frame now makes a great welding table!

loren85022

Explorer
I'm just eyeballing the travel of the arms and wondering if you have any concerns the upper brackets on the airbags could bend or fatigue under the weight of a trailer bouncing along?

Sent from my iToaster

awol

Observer
I want to see some more!!!
Me too! Me too! I haven't been able to get into the shop lately since I don't have a key and something is wrong with the garage door. My buddy should be back in town this week to let me in. Lol.
I'm just eyeballing the travel of the arms and wondering if you have any concerns the upper brackets on the airbags could bend or fatigue under the weight of a trailer bouncing along?

Sent from my iToaster
The upper brackets are made from 3/8 plate. The bends on the outer edges go up to also serve as a gusset. Limit straps to keep from over extending and I'll have bump stops to keep from bottoming out. I don't think these brackets stand a chance of going anywhere. (Knock on wood)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior