stainless steel water cooler

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i've been lookin for a while,, trying to find an old metal cooler, like an arctic boy but with the stainless inside liner instead of plastic... i had on old olive drab one that came with my ol willys flatfender, but it walked away and i want another.

does anybody have one that they'd let go?

RHINO

Expedition Leader
yeah the SS liner is what i want,,,, i dont know why but water seems to taste better out of SS.

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
Antichrist said:

After searching endlessly, RAF Supply (www.toolsteal.com) was the only place I could find Igloo's stainless steel jugs. Even Igloo's own website doesn't mention them. (By the way, the jug in your picture looks more like their galvanized model, rather than the all-stainless one?)

Unfortunately, it looks like even Toolsteal no longer carries the 5- or 10-gallon sizes. It might warrant calling though, just to be sure. I paid $156 (yeah, pricey) for a 10-gallon all-stainless Igloo jug from them three years ago.

2761502971_7df2259551_o.jpg

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Green Ganesha said:
(By the way, the jug in your picture looks more like their galvanized model, rather than the all-stainless one?)
Yeah, galvanized outside. I don't worry about the outside since galvanized coating is self healing. We had one when I was a kid and the outside was fine, it was the inside that rusted due to it being plain tin lined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles