Stainless Steel Water Carrier?

Anyone use a Sansone water fusti for their water needs? Trying to decide if they are worth the coin or if there is a better alternative out there. Ive been using those 7gal blue plastic ones from the big box stores forever, but they have always been meh in my opinion. They work ok, but they never last, always leak, and are made of plastic. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

pluton

Adventurer
Depends on how much cargo space you have, and maybe on how much like home you want your water dispensing to be. I use a small vehicle (4Runner), so I'd not be interested in the Sansone containers, as nice as they look, because they are round. Round = space inefficient.
I currently use Scepter MWCs, because they don't leak and are not fragile. There are systems sold to add a spigot dispenser to a Scepter MWC.
http://lexingtoncontainercompanyson...nsing-nozzle-for-use-with-scepter-water-cans/

jgaz

Adventurer
Check out this thread:

Im using the Amazon pump listed several spots on page 5. Works excellent!

If space isn’t an issue, I use 2 1/2 gallon Scepter cans just for easier handling.
Sanitize them once in a while and I detect no taste.

shirk

Use a cornelius ball lock keg instead. Pressurize it with a hand pump or foot pump and have a small hose with nozzle for output.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I use a simple faucet ( $1.49) and just added a few wraps of electrical tape. If the can is upright of course there are no leaks and on its side the spout controls the flow of water. It can be removed and the attached top screwed back in position for easier storage.
Works in all my cans and really doesn't compromise the can spout.
I also have a aluminum military fuel/ water can tripod stand that the can fits on for long term camping when no park service table is available
dsc03860-jpg.636381

Last edited:

VanWaLife

I like the 5 gallon jugs that have become the top choice for water pretty much everywhere besides in the overlanding community. Key features include:
-international infrastructure for refilling jugs and exchanging old jugs for a fraction of replacement cost.
-handle makes them easy to lock up.
-i already use them at home.
-easy to outfit with Sawyer filter for off-grid water.
-literally thousands of accessories avaliable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior