Stainless steel and Prop 65

KarmicCreditor

I was looking at purchasing some stainless steel plates, bowls, cups, and flatware, but came across this concerning video:
Does anyone know where I can get some stainless steel that doesn't contain carcinogens? A lot of the online stores rarely even specify the grade of stainless (304, 18/8, etc).

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Wow. I can’t stop laughing. The fact that he spends a decent portion of the video talking about the ignorance of others is amazing. Just gravy on the top. All stainless steels “contain” carcinogenic alloying elements, specifically nickel and chromium but also manganese, lead, zinc, etc...

The funniest part is that he is claiming to be a prepper.

After civilization ends...

1. you aren’t gonna live long enough to die of cancer
  2. you won’t have to worry about it because there will be no more prop 65
  3. the first person you ask (or lecture) about the alloy of their cookware will likely enforce point #1

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
After civilization ends...

1. you aren’t gonna live long enough to die of cancer
  2. you won’t have to worry about it because there will be no more prop 65
  3. the first person you ask (or lecture) about the alloy of their cookware will likely enforce point #1

True story ?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
For those that wonder, Proposition 65 was intended to warn consumers when they are potentially purchasing a product that could cause cancer. Over time, it has become “chemicals known to the state of a California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm”. I don’t recall the thresholds, and they might be different for each chemical, but you can find warnings on EVERYTHING as companies try to comply with safe harbor provisions of the law.

The signs are even on the gates of Disneyland and grocery checkout stands.

I once gave safety orientation to a group from one of my sister plants out-of-State, and a woman told me she couldn’t take a tour due to pregnancy and fear of birth defects. I asked her, don’t you work at our plant in Texas? She said yes, but we don’t have that stuff there. Exact. same. process.

Wow.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
We got out in 2005. I could read the writing on the wall.

Sold our place for a handsome profit, right before the housing bubble burst.

6 months later the place we sold was worth 50% of what we sold it for!

Reactions: WVI

Scoutn79

Adventurer
How bizarre. Correct me if I'm wrong but your supposed to eat off of the plate not eat the plate itself, correct?
Wonder what steel his utensils are. Has he ever used a pan coated in teflon? Does he have a water purifier for his water. Sheesh.
Some poeple just overthink things to the point of absurdity.

CSG

Explorer
We got out in 2005. I could read the writing on the wall.

Sold our place for a handsome profit, right before the housing bubble burst.

6 months later the place we sold was worth 50% of what we sold it for!
And today? The house we sold for $280k in 1994 would sell for over three times that now.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Which is another problem itself.

Crazy property value increases are pushing people underwater in their homes (taxes)

Much of which has great influence on the mass CA exodus (as well as huge percentage of homeless). Cost of living is simply too high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior