Stainless Sprayer for drinking water?

Dr. Cornwallis

Adventurer
I have a Chapin 1749 stainless industrial sprayer that I originally bought for a camp shower and doing dishes, however, I’m wondering, to simplify things, would it be safe to store drinking water in it as well? Obviously this is assuming that it’s never had any chemical stored in it. This sprayer has only ever had water kept in it since the day I bought it. My idea is to keep the sprayer mounted in the bed of my Tacoma for any water usage and then back filling it from 5 gallon Sceptar water cans. I figured it would be easier to give the sprayer a few pumps and fill up a Nalgene vs using water bottles or muscling around a 5 gallon water can.

The exact sprayer:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krick3tt

Adventurer
I have a similar version of that that I use for shower. Just fill (1/2 way) and put on the stove to heat water but I really had not thought to drink from it. I suppose if while showering some gets in my mouth it will be OK but not to use as a drinking fountain.
Your choice.
I use a 2 1/2 gallon Scepter water can, easier to lift and handle.

Dr. Cornwallis

Adventurer
I have a similar version of that that I use for shower. Just fill (1/2 way) and put on the stove to heat water but I really had not thought to drink from it. I suppose if while showering some gets in my mouth it will be OK but not to use as a drinking fountain.
Your choice.
I use a 2 1/2 gallon Scepter water can, easier to lift and handle.

That’s been my idea... in my mind I don’t see why it wouldn’t be ok, it’s just a stainless water tank. I don’t believe they’re coated with anything. My logic with sticking with the 5 gallon cans is strictly space. When fully loaded I have room to stored our 2.5 gallon cans.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I've been carrying water in mine for 30 yrs now. it's my camp shower in Baja and up here. No issues drinking water from it. I did shorten the wand a bit and lengthen the hose.

Dr. Cornwallis

Adventurer
I've been carrying water in mine for 30 yrs now. it's my camp shower in Baja and up here. No issues drinking water from it. I did shorten the wand a bit and lengthen the hose.

Awesome, thanks man. The one I have you can actually attach the nozzle directly to the handle. I’ll take a picture when I get home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles