SSF556 Build Up - 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

unkamonkey

Explorer
It's all a part of the adventure guy, Somewhere I have a picture of my 3B sitting on a 3' high pile of rocks all cemented in place. (It was in my own yard). At least you weren't on your side. I wasn't either. Keep on going on

xwazmtb

Lost and Found at the same time.
12c24799c4613bf7b60b03c9485b6f65.jpg

Different Jeep but same rear axle (to my knowledge)
On my wj with a 4.7 and the 44HD/A. I run a Chassis unlimited cover and the skid is from Mountain vista but I don't know if thats fits the wks. The axles is a varilok but that makes no difference for the cover. It uses Allen key bolts instead of The factory hex head.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
took the CRD to a local offroad guy to get the ARB compressor and locker installed....

I'm a newbie to WK's. If you have the QuadraDriveII system, why did you need to add an ARB locker to the rear diff? I thought the QD2 system was lockers front and rear?

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
Killer build. Considering buying a Hemi Cherokee for an Overland style build Your build is the best one I’ve seen to date. Thanks for all the pics and info.

Curious as to what it cost to have your locker installed at the local shop. I looked into having an Aussie style locker put in a WJ and they wanted $2k for the install. Ouch.

I’m hopefully going to go test drive an 05 WK in the next day or two. Need to see if they have the leg and head room I need. I’m a big guy at 6’5 and 250lbs so a decent size cockpit is necessary. The XJ’s are cramped but the WJ’s were decent. Never been in a WK though so not sure how they compare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Killer build. Considering buying a Hemi Cherokee for an Overland style build Your build is the best one I’ve seen to date. Thanks for all the pics and info.

Curious as to what it cost to have your locker installed at the local shop. I looked into having an Aussie style locker put in a WJ and they wanted $2k for the install. Ouch.

I’m hopefully going to go test drive an 05 WK in the next day or two. Need to see if they have the leg and head room I need. I’m a big guy at 6’5 and 250lbs so a decent size cockpit is necessary. The XJ’s are cramped but the WJ’s were decent. Never been in a WK though so not sure how they compare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello...sorry for the late delay. It cost me about $600 to have it installed....I bought the locker used from this site.

drm

I'm a newbie to WK's. If you have the QuadraDriveII system, why did you need to add an ARB locker to the rear diff? I thought the QD2 system was lockers front and rear?

Fyi, he has a 10bolt rear which is QTii which does not have lsd's like the 12bolt QDii

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles