SSF556 Build Up - 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I guess Jeep Grand Cherokee engineers never thought anyone would sleep inside....there was no way to open the rear hatch from the inside. Well that has been fixed. Some wire, wire clamps, clear plastic hose and you got a nice pull handle for the lock.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430588825.623302.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430588835.033074.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430588845.972794.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430588856.413941.jpg

steve97tj

Love the build. Really been looking towards a WK alot lately, the diesel just makes it that more appealing, I have looked at the CRD liberty but with a great dane, i think i need something a little bigger. Have you had any issues at all since you've owned it?

Btw fellow greenvillian here.

dusty122

Adventurer
nice solution to the problem with the rear door when sleeping. the passenger doors dont open easily either when the seats are all down. I found myself use the keyless entry to open the flipper glass then reaching over to open the door. Your solution is way better.

board350

I really like new tires...just something about them makes me happy....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just curious what your experience has been with the DISCOVERER S/T MAXX tire so far. Ride quality, noise level, fuel mileage, traction, etc.

I'm looking to upsize on my own 2007 WK with CRD and looking for good tire options. I've always been a Michelin guy because of the ride but they just don't make an aggressive enough tread. Thanks.

Last edited:

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Just curious what your experience has been with the DISCOVERER S/T MAXX tire so far. Ride quality, noise level, fuel mileage, traction, etc.

I'm looking to upsize on my own 2007 WK with CRD and looking for good tire options. I've always been a Michelin guy because of the ride but they just don't make an aggressive enough tread. Thanks.

Awesome tire....way better than the duratrac...it is quieter and I saw a slight increase in mpg over the duratrac. unfortunately becuase of work I have not had them offroad, but there are a number of reports on here and the internet saying they are awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mojavejohn

Adventurer
I've had mine on my Silverado for 20,000 miles and love them. Good ride, and just aggressive enough. I did have a side wall puncture, but I drive through really rough terrain in the desert out here. America's Tire took good care of me. I'll most likely replace the BFG AT's on my FJ with them.

board350

Very good input on the tires, thank you.

SSF556 I have to say that your build has been a pleasure to watch. Your attention to detail and quality of work is easily noticed. I have high hopes for my own WK and appreciate all your tips and advice. Thanks.

Metal Man

Fabricator
Let us know next time you are headed to Uwharrie, love to bring the XJ I am building as an expo and see that grand put in some work.
11039834_662100820590340_1125506244814914929_n.jpg

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Escape Gear seat covers have arrived from South Africa....quality stuff. These are dark grey in color.

i-TbDQnpX-L.jpg

i-jhtsCXr-L.jpg

i-NQTjrxh-L.jpg

i-N95GnPm-L.jpg

i-S9LWk6N-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94