SSF556 Build Up - 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

jpat30

Adventurer
Scootr,

What is the gear ratio in your axles, I know that it is different for grands with the CRD and the Hemi, but I cant find the info online anywhere... Thanks in advance.

jpat30

Adventurer
Thank you both so much for the information and the link. I am currently on the hunt for a CRD powered WK with the QD 2 powertrain to replace my well-built and well traveled WJ which I sold in 17.

jpat30

Adventurer
Tell me about it; the trouble has been finding one that doesn't already have 150-200k miles on them. In your opinion, how many miles is the 3.0 good for assuming regular maintenance?

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Tell me about it; the trouble has been finding one that doesn't already have 150-200k miles on them. In your opinion, how many miles is the 3.0 good for assuming regular maintenance?
I work with several large fleets that run Sprinter vans and they see the 3.0 go well over 200,000 miles in an urban stop and go environment. Buying a used vehicle with that many miles is always going to be a risk no matter the manufacturer. With those miles I would be worried about the Diesel Particulate Filter and how clogged it is.

Charles R

Adventurer
Someone on my WK Facebook group was just looking for one. I did a quick search on searchtempest.com using "diesel jeep" and found three for sale in the $10k range. Mileage wasn't crazy either.

Iirc, one was in Washington. Another wss in Montana. Can't remember where the third one was. I think two were red, and one was green.

Happy hunting!

jpat30

Adventurer
"I did a quick search on searchtempest.com using "diesel jeep" and found three for sale in the $10k range. Mileage wasn't crazy either."

I hadn't heard of that resource. Thanks for the heads up, I ll give it a try.