SRW options for mistsu cantor guts 6 bolt PCE 15.5 inch wheels to 16/17/17.5 inch wheels?

voo_pah

Looking for any SRW options for a mitsubishi cantor guts COE 4x4. Currently the unit has 6 bolt PCE 15.5 inch wheels (single front, dual rear). Are there any SRW wheels stateside or from Aussie land I can by for this vehicle. I'd like to upgrade to a 16, 17 or 17.5 wheels.

TIA

kerry

Expedition Leader
I can't recall any discussion on wheels for a Canter Guts. They don't sound like they are the same wheels as the FG and its hard enough to find alternative wheels for the Fg in North America.

voo_pah

YES! The Mitsubishi Canter Guts model appears to be a cut-down model (smaller cab, tires, etc) of the larger FG Canter. The guts model I'm looking at uses 195/70R15 tires (6 of them). I am looking for anyone who may have imported a "GUTS" having dual rear wheels that may have switched to the larger FG Canter 16" rims. Or anyone from Aussie land could chime in about differences in the GUTS model to the larger FG Canter. Anyone aware of a FUSO internet dedicated user group hosted in the US? I would also be interested to hear if the GUTS uses the same engine, trans, rear diff as the larger FG Canter.

Many TIA!

Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Okay, I will elaborate...

As I see it, sourcing commercial single wheels for a Fuso in the US or Canada is challenging, to say the least.
In the multitude of posts on this forum that discuss the acquisition of singles in the Northern Hemisphere there is information on local businesses that are willing/able to make single wheels.
The GUTS is not an Australian model either, so it is highly unlikely that a specific GUTS single wheel would be available here.

The PCD for a 6 stud FG Canter is 222.25mm (8.75").
If the PCD on the GUTS is the same as this then any of the singles for the FG will fit, but the offset may not be exactly right, so you may not get an equal track on the front and rear, which is one of the main reasons for changing to singles. Remember... with singles you flip the wheels front and back, so the offset is very important.

I think that it would be very unlikely that you would find an "off the shelf" set of singles specifically for a Fuso GUTS.
If you do want singles, all you should need is the PCD of the studs and to calculate the required offset in order to have a suitable set manufactured.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
YES! The Mitsubishi Canter Guts model appears to be a cut-down model (smaller cab, tires, etc) of the larger FG Canter. The guts model I'm looking at uses 195/70R15 tires (6 of them). I am looking for anyone who may have imported a "GUTS" having dual rear wheels that may have switched to the larger FG Canter 16" rims. Or anyone from Aussie land could chime in about differences in the GUTS model to the larger FG Canter. Anyone aware of a FUSO internet dedicated user group hosted in the US? I would also be interested to hear if the GUTS uses the same engine, trans, rear diff as the larger FG Canter.

Many TIA!
Hi , i thought the Guts was small verion of a Canter with No low range using Triton/ Parjero / Montero ifs front end .

kerry

Expedition Leader

Many TIA!
If I'm not mistaken, this group right here is hosted in the USA. So yes. :)

voo_pah

YO PKDreamers! Thankyou so much for the impartation of knowledge. This Canter GUTS does have an IFS front end (not a solid axle like an FG). It uses the same 4m40 turbo diesel engine as the FG. The rear diff is huge (suspect it is the same as the FG). I'll have to read the tag or casting # on the trans to see if it's an FG unit. Now all I have to do is find a kind soul in Arizona that might let me test fit their spare 16 or 17 inch Super Single wheel, I would be greatly appreciative. BTW - Delica parts may also fit a Canter GUTS, so used diesel parts are available. Nice to know that Montero parts (front suspension/diff/driveline) may fit as they are rusting away in wrecking yards.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles