Squeaks

kerry

Expedition Leader
Got some constant squeaking going on. Best guess is that its coming from where the cab sits in the cradles and is locked down. Anyone else have this problem and know the solution. Looking at the hooks in the center of the cradles, the left one clearly had a shining part on top where it is rubbing on something. Not certain if that is the source of the squeak. Cab sits on a couple of rubber bumpers on either side of each cradle. Not sure if they wear. Also not sure if the lock down hooks are adjustable and can be shortened to hold the cab tighter in the cradles to eliminate squeaks.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Yes, mine squeaks some at times, a little dry lube or grease on the contact points (shiny points) and the noise is gone.

Dan.

yabanja

Explorer
Most of the squeaking I have experienced is from the front leaf spring bushings. Horrible at times. The bushings have a very short life as well. I bought a set of aftermarket shackles with grease fittings and it has helped a lot.

Allan

kerry

Expedition Leader
I don't think it's the spring bushes. I had those replaced with the Australian urethane ones a couple of years ago.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Found it. Sheet metal joining two sides of the utility body was tack welded to box bottom. One weld broke and sheet metal was rubbing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier