Spy photo of new AT Trailer

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
stumptaco said:
Based on his avitar(Flag of Wales) and brief phone conversation with him, I think Martyn is Welsh (from Wales, part of the UK.), therefore his name may be spelled a little differently. Its pronounced "Martin", but spelled the British way. Kind of like they spell "tire" "tyre", and many other small differences.

Martyn, if im wrong you have full permission to cut out my tongue, and feed me to the alligators. Or whatever torture you may prefer. :)

~James

Martyn is the Welsh spelling for Martin.

There is no "I" in the Welsh alphabet so it's substituted with a "Y".

The question always comes up "If there is no "I" how come your last name is spelt Davies", Davies after all is one of the seven or eight Welsh last names.

Last names or surnames are a relatively new phenomenon and were adopted only when people moved into towns and cities. By that time the English had invaded Wales and subjugated us with their language.

It's a better story told over glasses of beer and wine.

Jake5326

Observer
If that rack can be made to attach to the side and slide/roll out like a drawer it would be accessable from the front of the trailer. You would be able to use the safari rack/ or cargo box still for storage.

sundaypunch

Observer
Martyn said:
Getting a king size bed requires 73" of width. The orientation of the trailer would mean that the trailer width would end up being around 77 inches wide. That's a good 8 inches wider than most vehicles, and extremely problematic on narrow trails.

I'm interested in this new AT when the details are in. I am also one who really wants a king size footprint though so the kids can be up on the bed as well.

The one thing I really like about the Conqueror Conquest is that the bed is oriented so your head/feet are at the sides of the trailer rather than front & back. This allows for a wider king-size bed since it is only limited by the length of the trailer.

Pic. from Honu's "my Conqueror Conquest arrived" thread-
1.jpg

ZR2nit

Adventurer
****This is a offical BUMP****

Martyn how is the build on the new AT going???? Do you have any CAD drawings or any drawings finalized yet??? Come on you gotta give us something here

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
ZR2nit said:
****This is a offical BUMP****

Martyn how is the build on the new AT going???? Do you have any CAD drawings or any drawings finalized yet??? Come on you gotta give us something here

Yes we have finalized drawings, we have trailer shower parts, we have materials. We are also building trailers for our customers and doing the every day work involved in the business.

The things that are delaying the project are;
Finding a tent builder who can work with heavy duty material.
Having the composite material finish coat applied.
Finding enough time in a week to take a big bite out of the project.

It would be the easiest thing in the world to duplicate the Kamparoo trailer but overcoming some inherent design problems takes more thought and time.

I’m thinking late summer early fall before we get into production.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Martyn said:
Yes we have finalized drawings, we have trailer shower parts, we have materials. We are also building trailers for our customers and doing the every day work involved in the business.

The things that are delaying the project are;
Finding a tent builder who can work with heavy duty material.
Having the composite material finish coat applied.
Finding enough time in a week to take a big bite out of the project.

It would be the easiest thing in the world to duplicate the Kamparoo trailer but overcoming some inherent design problems takes more thought and time.

I’m thinking late summer early fall before we get into production.

Ever the optimist! :rolleyes: I hope your timeline is realistic...however I do know how long the new development curve is for things ALOT less complex than your new trailer. And, although I do know you and Mario will not cut corners to rush the new trailer project to market (otherwise we'd already be able to place orders for same), I will patiently wait until the final version is ready to be offered.

Although I think I am actually as impatient for your new trailer as you are optimistic about your timeline :jump:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yep, don't rush it. Perfection takes time! Also, it needs to be tested like a madman after there's a "one-off" so you can peak and tweak it!

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I'm pretty sure I'm going to want one of these, though maybe not as much as spressomon :)

Not sure if I will be able to convince my wife I 'need' to spend the money when I have a perfectly good Chaser in my garage?

TheRoadie

Explorer
It would probably sell in a week if priced properly at ExPo. Well, almost anything could here sell in a week if priced properly. If priced too low, stuff doesn't last ten minutes!

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Agreed.

My Chaser has a few upgrades, and I don't think I will have a hard time selling it here and moving up to the AT Clamshell if that's what I decide.

TheRoadie said:
It would probably sell in a week if priced properly at ExPo. Well, almost anything could here sell in a week if priced properly. If priced too low, stuff doesn't last ten minutes!

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Redline said:
Agreed.

My Chaser has a few upgrades, and I don't think I will have a hard time selling it here and moving up to the AT Clamshell if that's what I decide.

Plus being like new!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94