Sprinter vans best way to buy?

Me my wife and 2 year old boy have enjoyed my truck of 10 years and plan on to keep using it and the flip pac as we nest some money for a new vehicle. No debt besides a affordable house payment in so cal.

It seems my search for a 4x4 2016 and up sprinter crew van not outfitted is very discouraging to getting something that isn’t over priced. I planned to buy another truck new tundra or Silverado and seeing that trucks are 35-45k it would seem a sprinter is in the same ballpark.

But that’s where it ends seems every used sprinter is either a super overpriced outfitted rv in the 100s or a higher mileage basic for what I thought they were new.

Maybe I was mis informed about the prices

Basically looking for a pebble grey low top 144” crew van preferably 4x4 I’d like to buy new but seems they do not offer that trim anymore in 4x4.

I am not entirely against the same but in 2wd as it would be more beach camping and road trips still want the 6cyl though

Lastly say we do find a used and have maybe 20 percent down in that 50-60k range mark what are people doing for financing. We have perfect credit and a good job.

The pic below is what we’re lookin for with no major builds a basic bench bed or added interior would work but don’t want someone else’s overhaul

Attachments

• 1A59EC57-6647-4723-B8EF-F840EBE645C2.png
    1A59EC57-6647-4723-B8EF-F840EBE645C2.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 36

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Do you need 4x4? How often do you drive in sand/mud/snow? Have you considered the AWD transit? They should be rolling onto dealers lots near the end of the year possibly? A basic cargo is $38,000 + AWD options. There is always quigley, but that is a fair bit more expensive than factory AWD. The transit will be available is much higher numbers, thus more reasonable price. Get a high roof with a basic build. A low roof with sports-mobile pop-top would work well.

There honestly is no good way to buy 4x4 sprinters. Due to parts production limits at the Oberainger factory, there are only a few thousand 4x4 build slots every year for north america. Supply is low and demand is higher. ?‍♂️

That explains it! Thank you I could really prob get away with no 4x4 more of a dream than a reality that I’d be takin it anywhere of the sort. We mostly beach camp from SD to big Sur area. I will look into the transit

billiebob

Sprinter 4x4s are the hot item. Great fuel economy. Pretty reliable. Lots of commercial ones with exceptional high mileage proves the durability. Like a Jeep Wrangler, they do not depreciate. So, yes the buy in is high. But ....... they don't depreciate. In your spot... great credit, I'd consider new. You know how little it will depreciate making new a great buy.

Guess I’ve never looked into a standard roof 2019 4x4 cargo and just adding the comfort stuff.

Does anyone know if you build a custom if you would be able to add the windowed sliding door?

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Its hit or miss on adding windows to the cargo sprinter package. Some windows require the crew package, while others can be added piecemeal. To my knowlege the slider window is often added as a safety feature (visibility for oblique intersections), so it can be added separate.

Regardless, you can cut out the window stamping yourself, and install OEM or aftermarket windows (T-sliders with screens for example).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94