Springs from deaver

oly884

Oh yes, that's right.

Instead of going for the full, progressive spring pack, Gary at deaver spring took a stock tacoma pack, added 2 leafs to each side, and is shipping it up here. Told him I need 800lbs of weight support back there, and he told me what I needed. The 800lbs is additional to stock. Ended up being about $350 cheaper, which is VERY nice to the wallet.

Just thought I'd share the details :D

oly884

It'll be nice.

I was a little concerned that it will hold the weight due to the fact that it's only going to be 5 leafs, but he said it would be just fine. Maybe some day I'll get some full on deavers, but it's hard to justify the $875 plus shipping to get a full set.

SuperCamperos

Observer
David--I'm in a similar situation since the leaf springs on my 2004 with 1000 lb camper were broken in our recent accident. Deaver told me to just get a new stock pack (with overloads) and they would add leaves as required, rather than getting a full custom pack. So let me know how they go, since I will probably be getting a very similar setup.

Ryan

oly884

SuperCamperos said:
David--I'm in a similar situation since the leaf springs on my 2004 with 1000 lb camper were broken in our recent accident. Deaver told me to just get a new stock pack (with overloads) and they would add leaves as required, rather than getting a full custom pack. So let me know how they go, since I will probably be getting a very similar setup.

Ryan

You bet, Ryan.

I should be getting them on friday (crossing my fingers) so I can throw them in on saturday. I'll be sure to give you a heads up on the performance!

BTW, you have one sweet ride there.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Deaver Springs

oly884 said:
Oh yes, that's right.

Instead of going for the full, progressive spring pack, Gary at deaver spring took a stock tacoma pack, added 2 leafs to each side, and is shipping it up here. Told him I need 800lbs of weight support back there, and he told me what I needed. The 800lbs is additional to stock. Ended up being about $350 cheaper, which is VERY nice to the wallet.

Just thought I'd share the details :D

I'm sure that you will be more than satisfied with your Deaver Springs. They are excellent to deal with and have superb product (Tacoma leaf springs) IMO. I went through 3 sets of OEM springs before going to Deaver (did not learn about them soon enough!).
Keep us posted on your results.

Cheers :beer:,
P

oly884

p1michaud said:
I'm sure that you will be more than satisfied with your Deaver Springs. They are excellent to deal with and have superb product (Tacoma leaf springs) IMO. I went through 3 sets of OEM springs before going to Deaver (did not learn about them soon enough!).
Keep us posted on your results.

Cheers :beer:,
P

Well the set I'm getting IS an OEM set of springs, however, Gary added some leafs to them to meet the support needs that I have. However, after seeing Deaver's products and how they perform, I have full faith that Gary knows what he's doing and wouldn't do it if he didn't trust it.

Crossing my fingers for delivery tomorrow!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior