springbar tent choice

BryanBowie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe this was a custom job. I remember seeing on the website his offer to do just about any type of modification. Give him a call and ask. Maybe post the result. I saw his tents at one of the Overland Expos a while back. He makes superb tents.

Awesome thanks. I'll get in touch with him and see what he says. I agree, really like his work. I'll post up whatever I end up with.

slowtwitch

Adventurer
As others have stated, the Kirkhams people are top notch. An awesome store to visit.. truly an 'outfitters store', and they make their own product! Support it and experience it while you can. I picked up an auto canopy from them passing through on the way to the desert years ago.. they stayed open late so I could grab it.

But hey if you like prepubescent Chinese girls making your stuff, have at it.

jonnyquest

Adventurer
As others have stated, the Kirkhams people are top notch. An awesome store to visit.. truly an 'outfitters store', and they make their own product! Support it and experience it while you can. I picked up an auto canopy from them passing through on the way to the desert years ago.. they stayed open late so I could grab it.

I have an Outfitter 3 and plan on getting another very soon. They are well made and easy to set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BryanBowie

I'm back and forth on Ellis and Springbar. Looks like Kirkhams is having a little bonus item sale when you buy a tent right now, throwing in a free door mat and ground tarp with order. I'm liking the Traveler 5. I haven't looked further into them but I will. Would like to see how small they pack down. Ideally I'll find or make a waterproof bag made to carry on the rack up top.

DGarman

What could go wrong?
I'm back and forth on Ellis and Springbar.

Bryan, I've been using Dave Ellis' Range Tents for several years now..... very high quality.
I have an 8 X 8 now, since it's just me and a dog..... plenty of room for us and a ton of gear also. Room to stand in the center.
I prefer the Range Tent for myself for the ease of setup..... pound in 4 stakes and then raise the A-Frame..... no guy ropes necessary, unless I want to pull out the attached awning.
Just another option.....
https://www.elliscanvastents.com/products/copy-of-the-range-tent

The only problem is that everyone that sees it wants to check it out........

BryanBowie

Bryan, I've been using Dave Ellis' Range Tents for several years now..... very high quality.
I have an 8 X 8 now, since it's just me and a dog..... plenty of room for us and a ton of gear also. Room to stand in the center.
I prefer the Range Tent for myself for the ease of setup..... pound in 4 stakes and then raise the A-Frame..... no guy ropes necessary, unless I want to pull out the attached awning.
Just another option.....
https://www.elliscanvastents.com/products/copy-of-the-range-tent

The only problem is that everyone that sees it wants to check it out........

That looks great and thanks for the info. I'll mostly be using mine solo but I like being able to stand so that fits. Ellis does some great work!

And how old are the Kirkhams workers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

jk6661

Observer

So you never buy anything made in China or anywhere else with sweatshops. Got it.

Kerensky97

Xterra101
I goto Kirkhams all the time. Their store is great but it's got the 25% "REI Markup" syndrome.

I love to shop around Kirkhams... Then buy from Amazon (or whatever place you can find the same item for the normal cheaper price).
And although their tents are made local all the rest of their stuff is the same as any other outfitters store.

outofrshell

Adventurer
I just found this thread and have not read it throughly enough as what they are saying about Kodiak Canvas But mine is not made in china. it is very high quality tent made in Utah. WTH

jk6661

Observer
I just found this thread and have not read it throughly enough as what they are saying about Kodiak Canvas But mine is not made in china. it is very high quality tent made in Utah. WTH

With canvas made in Asia (assuming you're talking about Springbar). I love Springbar too, but let's be accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles