Spring recommendations for a lifted JKU - Overland rig

harpersJK

Looking for spring recommendations for an extremely heavy JKU that's going to be loaded down with gear, full trail kitchen and rooftop tent. Currently running a 2 1/2" JKS lift with their ACOS (adjustable coil spacers) rear kit only right now to compensate for the sag. I ordered a Currie 44/60 setup which should be here after the first of the year and I'm hoping to completely go through the suspension and replace all my weak links, the springs being one of them. What is everyone running and any luck finding a heavy enough spring?

Looking forward to hearing everyone's comments.

Thanks!
Randy

harpersJK

Depending if you’re willing to move up on ride height I’d look at AEV’ high capacity coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 4 1/2" springs scare me some. I have flat fenders now and 35's, but I will be going to 37's after the axle swap. Can anybody tell me what increase in height they got with the 4 1/2" springs?

Thanks
Randy

dirtlimo

Observer
When I had my JKUR and the Ursa Minor I was using the ACOS and plush rides from EVO off road. I never did like the AEV ride which is why I made the swap.

jeepers29

I was having issues with our heavy JKU I went from the tera Flex 2.5 in springs to the Teraflex 3in outback springs and have been very happy with them. The outback springs are made for heavy overloading rigs.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I spoke to quite a few people this summer with the AEV high capacity setup and they universally *loved* it.

I took a lot of measurements, and they were all sitting right around an inch higher than I am with my AEV 3.5 lift.
So far I've decided it will look a bit silly with only 33 inch tires, so I have not made the jump, yet.

-Dan

harpersJK

Thanks
I spoke to quite a few people this summer with the AEV high capacity setup and they universally *loved* it.

I took a lot of measurements, and they were all sitting right around an inch higher than I am with my AEV 3.5 lift.
So far I've decided it will look a bit silly with only 33 inch tires, so I have not made the jump, yet.

-Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the reply, were any of these guys running a roof top tent? If so, was there any evident sag in the rear?

Thanks again!
Randy

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Thanks

Dan,

Thanks for the reply, were any of these guys running a roof top tent? If so, was there any evident sag in the rear?

Thanks again!
Randy

Lots of them were running RTTs, fridges and basically everything else you can possibly imagine.
AEV doesn't recommend them unless you are very heavy.

I never saw one with sag, these springs are STOUT!

-Dan

harpersJK

Lots of them were running RTTs, fridges and basically everything else you can possibly imagine.
AEV doesn't recommend them unless you are very heavy.

I never saw one with sag, these springs are STOUT!

-Dan

Thanks again Dan, I believe I'm going to give these springs a try!

Randy

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Thanks again Dan, I believe I'm going to give these springs a try!

Randy

If you don't mind, please take some measurements before/after and post some pics.
I'm still entirely on the fence about this, but thinking more about it every day!

Thanks,
-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles