Spotted these in North Carolina

rockland213

I was driving north Thursday on 77 and saw these, I could hardly keep control when fumbling for my phone to take a picture.
They were being hauled by a transportation carrier so I call the number on the truck to see if they were going to be for sale or if he knew the owners.
After his chuckle ..... he told me that they are government owned
Does anyone know the story on why the us government would own these? 4368F0EB-C13A-4DB7-BFBF-E151B4A50E70.jpeg14A4A16C-A36B-4071-9440-8ADEA45B5DD6.jpegDBF4D5AC-C4A4-4783-9C81-DF1EF6553FD3.jpeg

Explorerinil

Observer
At first you said government owned, then you asked why the us goverment would own then... did the hacker say government owned or us goverment owned? Could be a foreign owned goverment owns them and a us company is doing some kind of up fit.

Upland80

Adventurer
I was driving north Thursday on 77 and saw these, I could hardly keep control when fumbling for my phone to take a picture.
They were being hauled by a transportation carrier so I call the number on the truck to see if they were going to be for sale or if he knew the owners.
After his chuckle ..... he told me that they are government owned
Does anyone know the story on why the us government would own these? View attachment 550669View attachment 550670View attachment 550671
https://jalopnik.com/the-canadian-market-land-cruiser-normal-people-cant-buy-1837547375
Don't lie...did you consider a carefully orchastrated carjacking for a second or two?

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
My understanding is there is a company in NC that does plating work on LCs, and “builds/mods” for special ops units.

I live in Asheville and from time to time the steel 17” wheels from the UAE 200s show up being sold in the Charlotte area.

Izzy1

Izzy
That could be ,I had just past pilot mountain when I saw them first . ... but they were headed north
Northbound, likely to WV or VA facilities. They get a 3 year import agreement from DOT, then they have to be sold and moved out of the country. Crazy, but they are great training vehicles for soldiers, sailors and marines that will encounter so many of those in the field.

nickw

Adventurer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94