Spotted: Big Willy 6x6!!

liftedlimo

Adventurer
My brother saw this at his work yesterday in Government Camp, Oregon. I don't know anything else about it then the pictures show! But it does look like Deuce running gear, and a late 50's early 60's Willys Pickup. Anyone know any more info about this creation? I assume the trailer goes with the Willys.

5120606648_ca8c933a1d_b.jpg

5120603462_05cdd6a23d_b.jpg

5120609638_fffd902067_b.jpg

5120010117_edacf62656_b.jpg

5120013685_4594d6b813_b.jpg

5120618718_433e902674_b.jpg

Riptide

Explorer
Jeez, what a tank! Interesting place to put a spare, but then again, I don't know where you would put it...

sarconcepts

Adventurer
this guy definitely eats red meat!
one of the meanest, best looking xped vehicles i've seen, i really like the wood on the sides - for open air storage, i wonder if they do anything else? (sandladders)

sarconcepts

Adventurer
it is tall, but it does look bottom heavy
tell me, on these 6x6's, can you disengage one of the rear axles for better road handling?

westyss

Explorer
very cool truck, but the top heavy question comes to mind, what is everyones take on these rigs that are very tall, i really tried to keep my weight low and profile low, I see many very tall rigs, especially mogs with campers on the back and wonder what its like off road, especially off camber.
Does interior height over take off camber worry when in the bush???

Kohburn

Adventurer
most of the time the height isn't important because it's a hollow box with almost no weight up top. location of fuel/water/etc plays a bigger roll in the center of mass on rigs like that.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
Split windshield indicates prior to 1958 when they became one piece. Three bar grill started in '55. Gives me ideas for some of the ones I have.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
it is tall, but it does look bottom heavy
tell me, on these 6x6's, can you disengage one of the rear axles for better road handling?
Yes, it has a manual system, you get under the vehicle with some wrenches and take the rear most driveline out. A lot of guys on Steel Soldiers do this when they are making a long road trip, saves on fuel and tires.
That thing is pretty tall but it has some pretty good ballast with those rockwells. I wonder how the tires are on pavement? I really dig how they widened the front fenders on it. My redneck dna is getting all ramped up over viewing this. Makes me want to go drag home a few more projects to decorate the lawn with.:victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles