Sportsmobile Shower??

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
can anyone share some photos and realtime experiences of inside sportsmobile showers. im specificly interested in the shower with the pan that is built into the floor.

thx...

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
can anyone share some photos and realtime experiences of inside sportsmobile showers. im specificly interested in the shower with the pan that is built into the floor.

thx...

James

We have the Israeli made shower head and mixer that Sportsmobile uses, and have been testing it for the new trailer. Very well made with brass mixer and hardware. 5 out of 5 on the AT scale.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
We currently have a Zodi Extreme along with a PETT enclosure for our shower needs.

Most off road equipped SMB's don't have a shower pan built into the floor. Those are usually installed in the touring rigs with the larger taller fiberglass hard tops. Most of the SMB guys use the outdoor rear shower option that hangs off the back doors and uses a shower extension head on the back. Others just do what most of Expo people do and use a totally separate unit like a Zodi or Solar shower.

Here's the thread to the Porta Shower mod... http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2682

Last edited:

Trail Monkey

thanks for the replies. this is a tough decision for us. we certainly have used the zodi and now my tacoma has a helton heat exchanger with external shower and we use a tent with that.

but trying to justify the next step to a sportsmobile for us involves thinking thru what advantages we get with the upgrade. the biggest things we long for with our setup is an indoor area to retire to in rain or public places for a retreat and a good shower. ours works fine but lacks some privacy and is a bit inconvienient to setup. especially when we need to camp on a roadside in a village square for instance..

jr..

jgolden

Adventurer

thx...

If you share photos and experiences from inside a Sportsmobile shower, make sure you give us all the details but only photos of the girl. :sombrero:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
The shower thing is not a big deal to me. If we are out for 3 days, we usually take 1 shower. So it's not that big of a priority for me to have it inside. I rather have my storage space and big bed.

James, here's a few of the biggest reasons why we like our SMB over the AT/RTT setup.

Park and camp. No setup. Everything is ready to go. Just pop the top, you're done. You don't even have to get out if you don't want too. This is good for bad weather, rain, snow, mud, etc. No huddling under an awning or inside your rig/tent until weather clears.

Same goes for packing up camp and leaving. If you did the above, in the AM you can make your coffee, lower the top and drive out. No packing up a RTT and putting the cover on, no hooking up the trailer or putting stuff away. Just fire the truck up, lower the top and go.

Privacy. Nothing like waking up in the AM and wondering around inside in your under garments, grabbing a cup of joe.. reading the paper.. using the porta potty... what have you. Same goes for when you want to head in for the night. You can get away from the group and relax on your own inside if need be.

Fridge and food access..... midnight snack? You don't have to climb down the ladder and put your shoes on to grab a granola bar. I drink water when i sleep, if i run out i just grab another out of the fridge. Simple, in my socks.

Bathroom is inside... sometimes you don't feel like going outside in the middle of the night, it's freezing, or it's raining... it's right there and ready for you, inside.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Privacy. Nothing like waking up in the AM and wondering around inside in your under garments, grabbing a cup of joe.. reading the paper.. using the porta potty... what have you.

How do you get the newspaper delivered to your campsite? Must be a SMB owners thing...dang. That would be sweet!

:coffee:

Saline

Adventurer
All the above reasons are why we are getting a SMB. I've had my last night getting sandblasted in the Great Basin for cryin out loud. 6 days till the purchase!!

Blackeye

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0008
With the Sportsmobile, you have the option of living indoors or out. Penthouse top or fixed top like ours, you have a great living area that you can take almost anywhere.

341985293_TwEJt-L.jpg

Robthebrit

Explorer
Nothing beats an outdoor shower. Camper mog has an indoor show and outdoor shower and we always use the outside one when its warm enough. The indoor shower rules when its 0 degrees outside.

Trail Monkey

we certainly prefer outside shower too. but as stated when you need an indoor shower you need it. there are lots of times its just not practicle to shower outside or its just to cold..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles