Spice Rack

srgsng25

Observer
I know this is a bit far fetched, but has anyone made a special spot in there camping trailers for carrying their spices? I have an appointment Friday with our friends Cabinet shop Were we are working together to build cabinets For our cookware, as well as our pantries were in the process of accessorizing the trailer. so if you have any insight please let me know

Joanne

Adventurer
I know this is a bit far fetched, but has anyone made a special spot in there camping trailers for carrying their spices? I have an appointment Friday with our friends Cabinet shop Were we are working together to build cabinets For our cookware, as well as our pantries were in the process of accessorizing the trailer. so if you have any insight please let me know

Not far fetched at all!! When I built my little camping trailer I wanted a spice rack. I tried to model it after the 1950's diner look. I had a big open space at the back of my galley that was the perfect location.

dd_487a.jpg

Ready to install.

dd_498a.jpg

Much better!

dd_503a.jpg

Joanne

srgsng25

Observer
impressive setup i am hoping to have pictures posted soon of my boondocker its a tin can right now. we are planning a data ata friends work show who can make cabinets

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Not far fetched at all!! When I built my little camping trailer I wanted a spice rack. I tried to model it after the 1950's diner look. I had a big open space at the back of my galley that was the perfect location.

dd_487a.jpg

dd_498a.jpg

Much better!

dd_503a.jpg

Joanne

Do you leave your spices like that while you are towing?

I also need to figure out how to store my spices - but I drag mine teardrop off-road, and have to solidly secure the small items.

Joanne

Adventurer
Do you leave your spices like that while you are towing?

I also need to figure out how to store my spices - but I drag mine teardrop off-road, and have to solidly secure the small items.

I do leave the spices there and they get bounced around a bit. I just straighten them out when I get to camp. Yeah, for offroading you would need a secure way to transport them.

Joanne

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I wanted a spice rack in my chuckbox project, but the box I ended up buying to modify didn't quite offer me the space I needed. However, I was able to carve out space for a spice drawer. Now I'm on the hunt for some small containers to fit the drawer. Anyone know of something around 2" tall (or a bit less), and preferably 1-1/2" square or so? Square would be key to avoiding wasted space vs. round containers...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94