Speedy recovery Agavelvr.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Great pics and looks a fun ride, right up until the rider & dirt met in an unplanned manner :)
I hope Jeff gets better soon, great guy and a value to all of us in Arizona

mkitchen

Explorer
Ouch!

Sounds like just a bad luck day. Only good thing about such a day are the memories shared later on (that is after everyone heals up).
Mikey

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Tough ride. Hope Jeff has a fast recovery, but from what I understand ribs take a while. I've only cracked a few of them and that seemed to take for ever to heal up. Good thing you guys were there with him.

A

agavelvr

Wow, thanks for the well wishes guys, just stumbled upon this thread :)
Who woulda thought a simple pot hole on a graded road would lead to all of this after the treacherous places I have put my big bike :)
Anyhow, I'm healing up pretty quick. Broken ribs suck! Pain meds are good! These days, the treatment for broken ribs is to breath deeply, laugh, and cough. Sounds like torture? Yes it is. I'm hoping to have myself and the bike back in shape for Desert Daze in March.

Things could have been way worse for me... Fortunately, I was fully geared up and was riding with competent partners. While I seemed to have avoided life threatening injury, you never can tell when it comes to your internal organs. I am especially aware of this after losing a close friend to an undiagnosed ruptured spleen from a low speed drop. I opted to have 911 called rather than have the guys haul me back into town because I felt like things were bad and didn't want to saddle them with that responsibility. The EMTs opted to call in a chopper once they saw me and my symptoms. After a couple of days in the hospital, they said I was clear to come home. My sleep schedule is trashed due to the injuries and the meds I'm on, but I am feeling much better.

Lesson learned...
1. easy roads are just as dangerous as technical trails, slow down if visibility is bad.
2. KLR doesn't suck up the big hits like the KTM :(
3. SW Motech crashbars are superior to the Happy Trails ones I used to have.

Clutch

<---Pass
Glad you're doing well....man, broken ribs fricken suck. Hope you heal soon.

I have some of my worse get-offs on the easiest stuff...so you're not alone! :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94