Speedo sensor issues

seagulljim

Gday to all
Fg649 built 2004
My speedo sensor located on gear box where the speedo cable plugs in has a damaged wire
Will this prevent the speedo functioning ?
I have replaced both speedo cables , one of which was broken ,yet the speedo still does not read
All help appreciated

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi,
No noises in the cluster?
You will have to start at the gear box end and see if the speedo drive is turnimg.

seagulljim

Hi,
No noises in the cluster?
You will have to start at the gear box end and see if the speedo drive is turnimg.
Everything is as it should be exeption the damaged wire which has pulled out of the sensor attached to the cable end
Quoted around $1200.00 to replace by mitsubishi ,seems to be non existent by other suppliers20210215_173520.jpg20210215_173520.jpg
Thoughts?

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi our truck has a wire going there too , what it is for i do not know.
But the speedo should still work because its cable driven.
You might need to take the peice off the gearbox and see if it drives the cable.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Just thinking you might want yo find a wiring diagram and find out what that wire is for .
I will have a look to see if i have it on a disc.

seagulljim

Hi our truck has a wire going there too , what it is for i do not know.
But the speedo should still work because its cable driven.
You might need to take the peice off the gearbox and see if it drives the cable.
That will b my weekend mission
Stay tuned

seagulljim

That will b my weekend mission
Stay tuned
So the weekend came and I disassembled it end to end checking operation (note helps if you have the drill going in the right direction )
The issue is a" drive key" don't know correct term, that fits from end of speedo cluster into gearbox fitting.
I is flogged out and not driving the mechanism.
It is challenging the part interpreters as they can't identify it as it is a different shape to their listings
Anyone out there have thoughts to its correct name and part number?
Each part of the cluster unscrews and has a 'drive pin' but they are different shape slightly to the damaged part
Note speedo drive is not assembled correctly but the peice in question goes from the square box into the gearbox

Attachments

• 20210313_123609.jpg
    20210313_123609.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 20210313_123546.jpg
    20210313_123546.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 20210313_123458.jpg
    20210313_123458.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads