Speedo cable FG649

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Hi guys
Have managed to break my speedo cable and looking at it got me thinking. Has anyone changed the angle of the attachment to gear box to point up?
Hope someone can help TIA
Steve
image.jpg

Last edited:

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
The wires themselves are still intact. The wire inside the speedo cable itself has snapped. We think maybe it got snagged up in the mud in some of the mud holes we went through on the Great Central Rd last week. The speedo only stopped working yesterday..so must have been partial broken then finally gave way yesterday.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
The simplest solution might be to install a guard that protects those wires. A bit of extra bracketing would also help to reduce the amount of flex that the cable can have.

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Ok my new speedo cable arrived to day and when I was fitting it I found out the mount could be swung back up to protect the cable by simply loosening a lock nut. I know hindsight is 20/20 vision, when the super singles were fitted, the fitter must have turned the angle down to fit the speedo adjustment unit (which we do not use anymore). The cable is now sitting quite close to the running gear and much safer.
Cheer
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles