Speedair Air Compressor?

Bravo30

I’ve had this Speedaire unit for awhile and it’s never had any issues but recently I’ve though about buying a newer unit to save weight and space. I use it mainly to air down the tires on my Sprinter. I don’t know any of the technical specs other than its 1/2hp 110V. It looks to be fairly well built and I figure the motor should hold up well bu TV, like I said, it’s large and has a bit of weight to it.

Any reason why I should replace it? Or should I just save my money and deal with it?

70819DE9-150F-4549-A0AD-CA147D42C23C.jpeg
A5EE2E73-E608-49DB-B384-9194F6467176.jpeg

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Doesn't look all that large to me; any compressor worth having is going to have some size to it. The cheap ones can take an hour or more to air up 4 tires.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Looks like the top label has specs on it - if you can snap a shot of that, we could help compare the output to other "known" compressors.

That said - it's an AC powered compressor, so unless you already have a hefty inverter, and are prepared to accept the loss of efficiency in having to make the DC->AC conversions just to run it, then you may be better with a dedicated 12VDC compressor.

Huffy

Observer
Looks like the top label has specs on it - if you can snap a shot of that, we could help compare the output to other "known" compressors.

That said - it's an AC powered compressor, so unless you already have a hefty inverter, and are prepared to accept the loss of efficiency in having to make the DC->AC conversions just to run it, then you may be better with a dedicated 12VDC compressor.
Speedaire builds great industrial compressors. If this is anything like them it would be a shame to get rid of it.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Good point, I didn't even look at the cord, just assumed it was 12V.

Bravo30

No specs other than 1/2hp 8.5amps. That top label just lists psi for various things like, tires, rafts etc etc.

I have a 2000watt Victron inverter/Charger with 250lifepo4. Ive used the compressor a few times over the last few years and it’s worked well and does a decent job of inflating tires. It’s not terribly big but more cumbersome I guess. I would prefer a smaller unit with its own case to make storage easier that’s all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles