Special tool???

PhulesAU

Explorer
HELP!! Is there a special type wrench used to remove the bolts , from a double Cardin joint? I'm trying to pull rear DS and cannot get wrench or socket I own on to the bolt heads. It seems like the casting wasn't machined out enough for drive way wrenching. The end of the DS at the rear Axle is easy enough to do, like they were begging to be removed. Thinking good thoughts and remaining calm ain't helping. Tips and or tricks will be greatly appreciated.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Is yours a rubicon model? On my LJR, I had to undo the DS from the rear axle, lift the DS up as high as it would go and that would allow me put a socket/air wrench combo on the bolts and zip them right off.
Jack

K2ZJ

Explorer
Work on the top ones, rotate ds and work on top ones again. With the ds down at an angle you can't get to the ones the bottom. Mine were 6-pt 8mm.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Work on the top ones, rotate ds and work on top ones again. With the ds down at an angle you can't get to the ones the bottom. Mine were 6-pt 8mm.

You are correct, I was thinking of the 1/4 in 12 point used inside the carrier, although the 12pt 8mm will also work on the DS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz