Spare tire TPMS? FoMoCo

Since I changed the factory tire size, I changed the spare to match too. I would like to do the five tire rotation like I had done with my Jeep previously.

Adding the TPMS is the easy part. I’m assuming the receiver will not recognize the fifth signal, after the rotation can you reset the system perhaps by “cloaking” the spare sensor?

Anyone else try this? From what I understand some vehicles have a 5th sensor and with the close association of auto suppliers these days there may be some cross over.

Thanks

1stDeuce

Explorer
Most systems allow you to re-earn the sensor locations after a tire rotation. Is your Ford one of those, or does it learn the new positions on it's own?

If it needs your help to re-learn, just do the process for the tires on the ground. If it learns on it's own, then when you rotate the spare in, leave the new spare in the garage and go for a short drive to learn the new sensors. Once learned, put the new spare under the truck. No "cloaking" needed...

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I've run jeeps and Rams for years wth matching spares for five tire rotations, it's automatic for my vehicles, the system is reading correctly before I leave the shop parking lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior