Spare tire size, largest size in stock location

gtbensley

Explorer
Anyone know what will fit under the tail of an E350 EB van? Dropped my current spare and it rough and the stock size. Van currently has 305/65/17. Don't need as fat a tire, just close to the same diameter hopefully but not sure it will fit.

Raul

Adventurer
I've tried the 275/70/18 and they fit. It sticks down quiet a bit, but it does fit. I think they are almost 33"

gtbensley

Explorer
Awesome! I have spacers so need to determine if the bolt pattern is stock and what rim I can fit. People with quigley vans, do 16 inch rims clear the brakes.

gtbensley

Explorer
Got a new used rim, and a 275/85/16......which kinda fits but not great. I'll be getting a tire swing for the rear bumper.

gtbensley

Explorer
They must have changed something? I called quigley and apparently mine which is a 95 came with 16 inch rims. I need to test fit to be sure though.

I just measured mine out and it looks like mine (extended version) will fit an oversize wheel... the ones on the rig are about 32" diameter and the current spare is only 29-1/2" in diameter.

Last edited:

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
my 03 Quigley had 16's on it when I got it. also had a 285/75/16 spare in stock location. im guessing desert eagles Quigley had an updated front end which likely came with a newer f350 front axle that had larger brakes then my 03 f350 front axle.

keep in mind you cant just generalize a specific size rim wont fit. offset and rim design play a large part with caliper clearances.

gtbensley

Explorer
my 03 Quigley had 16's on it when I got it. also had a 285/75/16 spare in stock location. im guessing desert eagles Quigley had an updated front end which likely came with a newer f350 front axle that had larger brakes then my 03 f350 front axle.

keep in mind you cant just generalize a specific size rim wont fit. offset and rim design play a large part with caliper clearances.

That is true, my spare rim which is 16 inch is just a stock ford one....It fits because its what came on my van in 1995 from Quigley. I ended up with a 275/85/16 and it kinda fits. Hangs a little more low but it will work, plus its very close to my actual size in the 17in I currently run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles