Spare parts/tool box or crate to fit next to ARB fridge?

zimm17

Observer
I'm looking for good ideas for carrying a spare part kit with an extended range of tools for when I go off-roading, yet can be removed when the jeep is my daily driver. It needs to fit next to my ARB 50 QT fridge. I have 2' x 2' of room.

I was thinking along the lines of the MTM ammo crate, but a little bigger. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T4XL4HM/ref=pd_luc_rh_bxgy_01_02_t_ttl_lh?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Also needs to be able to be tied down so it won't kill me in a roll over.

Zeiderman

Adventurer
(2) 30mm ammo cans should, I run (1) barely fits inside factory tie downs, by the filler tube, then I have 5.56 on top. Rub the ratchet strap through the handles of the 30, then over the top of the 5.56. If needed I loosen ratchet, pull the 5.56 and the top of 30 is clasped seperate of the handles, and then just lift the lid off.

Edit: Just saw you're in a JK, I'm in a Cherokee. But size wise, should fit your dimensions.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robert Bills

Explorer
The Frontrunner Wolfpack storage box is 20.1" x 15.8" x 9.1" H. The height is 11.6" when fitted with the optional "Hi-Lid."

thumb_33173_front-runner-wolf-pack-SBOX008-1.jpg

thumb_34900_box-wolfpak-hi-lid-SBOX005-1.jpg

I purchased mine from www.sierraexpeditions.com because Frontrunner never had the "Hi-Lid" in stock when I checked their website, also Sierra Expeditions offers free shipping for all orders over $99.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior