Spacekap Plus Camper (Sold)

Nvbrian

Well the time has come to sell my beloved spacekap. I found out recently that later this year I will be moving to a place where I wont be able to use the cap. I understand that these things can take time to sell so I decided to list to for sale earlier rather than later. You can see the build thread here

Spacekap Plus converted to a minimalist camper. The cap is extremely light and will fit on an 8ft bed truck. Inside there is storage under the bed and under the bench seat. The bed is made for shorter people (dimensions 71"x64") to sleep "East-West" in the Cap but could be easily modified for a taller person to sleep "North-South"

The spacekap has the following installed in it:

Dickenson P9000 vented propane heater
Maxxair 5100k
Renogy 100 Watt Solar Panel
Renogy Wanderer 10 Amp Solar Charge controller
8xAlocevo LED lights on dimmer switch
35ah AGM Battery

Comes with 4 tripod camper jacks for easy loading and unloading

Located in Colorado Springs, CO

Price $5200 obo.

775 453 3831

A.jpeg
20191223_151025.jpg

20200116_162814.jpg
20200116_162838.jpg

Attachments

• 20190825_162847.jpg
    20190825_162847.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 328
Last edited:

HensleyJ92

I'm in Denver and have been looking for a portable ski condo i can use to chase snow with. What was your experience sleeping in the cold with fiberglass cap? I see the wood paneling but can't see any added insulation. Any condensation issues?

Nvbrian

I'm in Denver and have been looking for a portable ski condo i can use to chase snow with. What was your experience sleeping in the cold with fiberglass cap? I see the wood paneling but can't see any added insulation. Any condensation issues?

We have taken the cap down to 4 degrees Fahrenheit chasing the snow in Montana and Canada. When it's that cold we would blast a mr buddy heater (while the Dickenson warms up) to get the cap warm. Then when going to bed we turn off the buddy heater and leave the Dickenson with its internal fan on throughout the night. Never really noticed any issues with condensation.

For insulation there is 1/2" xps foam board under the paneling (except where the LED lights are) and under the bed. I haven't had a chance to add insulation to the front or back yet - I think this would greatly help in retaining the heat and get a few extra degrees of warmth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles