Space Trailer dimensions?

DaveM

Explorer
Anyone here got a standard Space Trailer they can take a measurement off? I need to know the max width at the tires, at ground level or up to 6" off ground. The max track width will determine if I can get one of these into my back yard, the only place I can store it. Tried emailing the company but they didn't have any detailed specs to share and I don't trust their stated measurements (it's to the widest part of the body anyway, prob the fenders, and they list two different max widths online).

Thanks,
David

MNmtb

I might be able to help you but which model are you looking at? 13” or 15” wheels? Standard or high rider?

i have talked to Brian the owner several times and visited his shop a couple times too. He has always been bend over backwards helpful. I would be surprised if he wouldn’t just take a tape measure and get you the numbers. I know he is a one man show and builds them then spends a week delivering them so sometimes it takes a week or so before he might get back to you

DaveM

Explorer
Thanks MNmtb, that would be great. I'm interested in the Standard model with 15" wheels. I emailed with Sandy a few times looking for a specs diagram but they just have the general features PDF with no detailed schematics and only a general overall width measurement. I did ask if someone could take a measurement for me so hopefully she'll get back next week with that, but thought I'd check for owners too to be sure I got a good measurement.

DaveM

Explorer
Just heard from Sandy at Space Trailers. They measured a model with 15" wheels and got 70" for the outside width across the tires. Too wide for my 66" path so back to searching. I'm also looking at the Venter Savuti, which says they are 63" wide I think. But the website and social media pages look stale so not sure they are around anymore (in the US anyway).

MNmtb

Glad you got the info you needed. Let me know if you still want any info thtt Brian and Sandy couldn’t get you.

DaveM

Explorer
Thanks. Unless they can shrink the track width I won't be getting one. Which is a bummer because they are one of the best values I can find for a gear hauler trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior