Space Kap Plus camper conversion

Jonnyo

Observer
fun to see my old spacekap becoming a camper! i had the same goal as you but my truck been a 5.5 bed... it didnt fit right. i got a amazing deal of a 6.5 spacekap so sold this spacekap to my friend...that sold it to you!

here s your spacekap on my small truck! and my smaller version 6.5

Attachments

• IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 189

td0g

I've got a 6.5' Mory Master 60 I'd like to make into a camper, it has no windows in it at all though. Do you know if the place you bought your door windows from still carrying them?

Slbeaudo

fun to see my old spacekap becoming a camper! i had the same goal as you but my truck been a 5.5 bed... it didnt fit right. i got a amazing deal of a 6.5 spacekap so sold this spacekap to my friend...that sold it to you!

here s your spacekap on my small truck! and my smaller version 6.5

I’m not sure that’s mine; mine doesn’t have the side window.

Slbeaudo

aside from the reduction of usable space, do these capsules get really heavy as they near completion?

Mine, with a full 110L water tank, weighs almost exactly 1500lbs. I chose to use a 3/4 ton to haul it, but you could realistically drop this in a half ton on airbags and the truck should handle it fine. 10-ply tires might be wise though, regardless of whether youre in a 1/2 or 3/4 ton.

s.e.charles

Mine, with a full 110L water tank, weighs almost exactly 1500lbs. I chose to use a 3/4 ton to haul it, but you could realistically drop this in a half ton on airbags and the truck should handle it fine. 10-ply tires might be wise though, regardless of whether youre in a 1/2 or 3/4 ton.

GULP!

Schoon

Nice job on the conversion. How did you set up the diesel system in the spacekap that used the diesel from the trucks tank?

phritz

I have a SpaceKap Diablo that I’ve converted. In general I really like it. But it seems to rock side to side in the bed a surprising amount. Do you experience that or is your unit pretty well locked down?

Slbeaudo

Nice job on the conversion. How did you set up the diesel system in the spacekap that used the diesel from the trucks tank?
Thanks. I actually never ended up doing that part because I sold the truck in favour of a smaller gas job, but it would be installed as detailed in the specs, but with a threaded coupling in the fuel line to allow the user to disconnect the camper from the truck to remove it.

Slbeaudo

I have a SpaceKap Diablo that I’ve converted. In general I really like it. But it seems to rock side to side in the bed a surprising amount. Do you experience that or is your unit pretty well locked down?
I haven't had that issue at all. Do you get the same rocking while cornering driving? If you have air bags and onboard air, maybe pump them up before going to bed?

phritz

Don’t have airbags. It isn’t the truck that rocks side to side but rather the spacekap itself inside the bed. I don’t think it matters so much for the trucks handling. But sure squeaks a lot back there and it definitely has been rubbing the paint away in some small spots from the back of the cab. It’s probably not a big deal at all at this point it just bothers me. I’ve thought about bolting it down.

LoneWolfRider

Are you able to lock and open your door from the inside? If so, what did you use or modify to allow this? I just got a Diablo and am planning my project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles