Southwest Trip - Spring 2010

Alex

Adventurer
Mike, it was nice meeting you, Maria, David & Jeff! Thanks for joining us on our Hole in the Rock combo tour.

42mph on early morning Lake Powell glass
orig.jpg

Clear Creek Canyon, leaving Cathedral in the Desert
orig.jpg

CITD is up the slot in the background
orig.jpg

Tied up for the hike to Hole in the Rock
orig.jpg

mmccurdy

Adventurer
Mike, it was nice meeting you, Maria, David & Jeff! Thanks for joining us on our Hole in the Rock combo tour.

Nice meeting you guys too -- excellent pics, thanks for sharing.

For the other folks checking out this thread, Alex is actually responsible for a couple of those pics up there in the first post -- the one of Jeff at Hall's Crossing and the one of David almost flopping on that tricky climb. The latter is probably the most talked-about pic of our whole trip!

Anyway, thanks again for letting us tag along -- let us know when you guys head out to California and we'll be sure to return the favor :smiley_drive:

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Nice photos! We were at the Dollhouse and the Maze Overlook April 29th and 30th respectively. Great place for sure.

Your comment "...the thought of a mechanical failure or medical emergency looms a little bit larger with every passing mile..." brought a tingle back to me; I lost my brakes (a front banjo fitting failed) in the middle of the Flint Trail Switchbacks on the way out. Not something I'll soon forget; thank God they didn't go on one of those multi-point turns otherwise there's a pretty good chance I wouldn't be writing this right now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier