Southwest Disk or Tembo Tusk Skottle?

Mules

Ok, had a chance to cook breakfast on the Skottle over the weekend.

So since I now own both I feel as though I can better compare the two.

The Southwest disk with the burner I bought from them definitely has more usable cooking space, of direct heat. The Skottle still does a good job and has to use less fuel, just gives a smaller cooking area under the direct heat.

For traveling the Skottle edges out the Southwest Disk. It still wasn’t compact enough for me with having to use a separate bag for the legs, but I fixed that tonight with the help of my bandsaw. Now it’s compact, everything I need fits in the Step 22 Gear bag (which it absolutely ************ by the way). I can fit my 12’ hose, cooking utensils, legs, cover and lid all in one bag, pretty darn sweet.

So it boils down to this for me, if I’m cooking at home the Skottle can’t compete in my opinion, but for cooking while camping the Skottle is the total package of light weight, compact and gets the job done well.

I have decided that the 20” Southwest Disk with the lip is perfect for home use, but it’s way too heavy to be traveling with in my opinion.

aGKubV4.jpg

kDgd1rV.jpg

ZwKhcEB.jpg

38enlnD.jpg
Can you send a link for the Step 22 bag?? I can't find one.

Mules

My vole is for Southwest Disc. Just got a 22" and I love it. The stand folds up pretty small.IMG_7418.JPGIMG_7402.JPGIMG_7415.JPGIMG_7417.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz