Southern Style Off Road Roof Rack for 4Runner

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
Hello,
I am considering getting a SSOR Roof Rack for my 4Runner. I was wondering if anyone here is using one as I am curious about awning mounts and kayak mounts. I really need to be able to carry two kayaks on it. Currently I am using Yakima Jay Low kayak carriers on the stock rack and it works OK. I have a test piece of 1x3 8020 coming to see if they Jay Low will mount to the SSOR crossbars. The kayaks are fishing kayaks, Bonafide EX123. I look forward to hearing back.
Thank you,
Jason

stu8319

It looks like it's an extruded aluminum style rack, so like the prinsus. If so, it's really easy to use carriage bolts anywhere you want to mount anything. I mount a double kayak mount to my prinsu in like 5-10 minutes, then I can carry two kayaks and still fit other stuff around them.

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
It looks like it's an extruded aluminum style rack, so like the prinsus. If so, it's really easy to use carriage bolts anywhere you want to mount anything. I mount a double kayak mount to my prinsu in like 5-10 minutes, then I can carry two kayaks and still fit other stuff around them.

Which kayak mount are you using?

stu8319

Which kayak mount are you using?

I'm not sure. I bought it at academy. There were a couple of slots I am able to put the upward facing carriage bolts through, then a washer and nut to bolt the whole setup down to a rail. I can try to take some pics tonight if I can remember. I have a newborn at home and things are nuts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles