Southern California/ West Coast Team

Triumphdog

Adventurer
Hey guys/gals,

Is anyone interested in building a team or a few teams for the Maya Rally? Or caravanning for the Rally? I was thinking it might be a great way to team up with some locals, make some new friends, learn a bit more about yourself, and others who share a similar passion in Overlanding. Not to mention I think I'd feel a bit more comfortable going on a trip like this with others, rather than rolling solo. :sombrero:

Maybe we could have some team shirts made, a few stickers. Just throwing it out there.

If anyone is planning on crossing into Mexio at the Tijuana boarder crossing and is coming through San Diego. There is a really nice campground in Cardiff on the cliffs of the beach. http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=662 The San Elijo camprounds are really nice and only about 40 mins north of the boarder.

Last edited:

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
If I can go, big IF, then I would be interested. Wouldn't be able to leave up here until the 8th which would put me down in S CA the night of the 9th depending on weather.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I am going to be looking for a co-pilot but am waiting until the details of the event are posted before I look. I will also be focusing on one of two builds for the event, either my FJ60 Cruiser or a early 90s Subaru! :)

I am in Wyoming so I guess my "team" would be more of a Rocky Mountain thing. ;)

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I'll be working the event and my plan is to head down Baja and take the ferry from LaPaz to the mainland and heading over to Guanajato. That's the route I'm recommending to you SoCal competitors :costumed-smiley-007

Triumphdog

Adventurer
I'll be working the event and my plan is to head down Baja and take the ferry from LaPaz to the mainland and heading over to Guanajato. That's the route I'm recommending to you SoCal competitors :costumed-smiley-007

Yeah, that is the route I was considering? Any idea what the ferry cost is to Mazatlan?

Gromog

Mog Overlander
Hey Triumph dog I'm up for a SoCal Team. I am planning a move to Belize this spring, but will most likely take my mog down for this event later this year. I have 3-4 others interested as well, we actually planned this about 7 months ago and went to Belize and scouted for 38 days. I have taken the ferry with my mog several years ago, the price changes on the spot very often and if you have a large vehicle you may have to wait several crossings. They like to play games to get more money. Anyway sounds like a great trip and we will have a front row seat for the apocalypse.

Andy@AAV

Old Marine
I'm still searching for a co-driver ( attractive single female with funding) but I am definitely in. Going as a group sounds good, this will be my first non-military border crossing :)

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Yes. I have it under good authority that this may very well be the best multi-national event to date in North America...

... Can't say more - I've been sworn to secrecy! :cool:

Cool! I like the website...hope there ends up being no cap on participants. The more the merrier IMHO.

BigJimCruising

Adventurer
Not really into the "rally" thing but would really enjoy an "end of the world, party like a Mayan" trip! Would be fun to leave a couple weeks ahead of time and see the country side before it and us are gone! lol

Right now it's just me so might have an open seat. Will see when it gets closer. Jim.

Zam15

Explorer
I am seriously floating this in my mind right now... But it's too far out to say anything for sure. My participation will mainly depend on time off work and funding. :snorkel:

Took my first step and filled out my passport application, this would be my first international trip :luxhello:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles