Southeast US - Anyone?

NevetsG

Bummer - 6 pages into the site, and 1 year of posts and 0 Southeast trips. I was hoping to get some ideas.

I remember a great write-up about North Georgia not too long ago. I can't remember the gentleman's username but I do remember @rockmidgetphotography ?

DzlToy

Explorer

...four trips on first page. With the high population density in the Southeast and more people moving to Nashville, Asheville, Charlotte, Atlanta and Greenville every second, the opportunities for "Overlanding" are quite limited.

One may consider a few days on dirt roads passing a handful of rednecks and Instagram Overlanders, about the best one is going to get.

Ngneer

Observer

...four trips on first page. With the high population density in the Southeast and more people moving to Nashville, Asheville, Charlotte, Atlanta and Greenville every second, the opportunities for "Overlanding" are quite limited.

One may consider a few days on dirt roads passing a handful of rednecks and Instagram Overlanders, about the best one is going to get.
LOL coming from a redneck that is funny.

andy29847

Adventurer
Smoky Mountains 1000 - overlander friendly (not too hard).

Smokey Mountains 500 - 3 day version of the 1000.

Both of these are routes I developed when I was motorcycling. The roads are all public roads, all but one road is 2 way. The routes are a combination of forest roads and 2 lanes paved mountain roads, There is a lot of camping areas along the route. The roads are suitable for stock 4-wheel drive vehicles.

If you don't do Facebook, the routes are also shared on ADVrider.

i-FhD58hZ-L.jpg

i-hkP6XCD-L.jpg

i-Jbpsgnv-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles