South Carolina Adventure Route

SirWilliamGoes

Adventurer
Anytime I find out about one of these overland adventure routes or trails or tours I get excited. When I found out there was one in South Carolina, a state I had called home for nearly 20yrs I was surprised and if I’m honest a bit hesitate to what it may offer. Much to my surprise though the SCAR was a really cool trip. I got to see places of the state that I had never been and landscapes I had never expected to see in SC. It was just the right mix of on road and off-road travel and camp always seemed relatively easy to find. The entire trip took 3days to complete but that was wasting no time and not stoping much. I would recommend giving yourself 5 to take your time and enjoy. Ideally the beaches will be open in most normal circumstances. Here is the whole trip, hope you enjoy.

KirkL

Thanks for posting. I live in SC and might have to check it out sometime. Where did you download the route? Also, you think I could run it in my Subaru Outback or would I need to unleash the old Land Cruiser?

Ngneer

Observer
Anytime I find out about one of these overland adventure routes or trails or tours I get excited. When I found out there was one in South Carolina, a state I had called home for nearly 20yrs I was surprised and if I’m honest a bit hesitate to what it may offer. Much to my surprise though the SCAR was a really cool trip. I got to see places of the state that I had never been and landscapes I had never expected to see in SC. It was just the right mix of on road and off-road travel and camp always seemed relatively easy to find. The entire trip took 3days to complete but that was wasting no time and not stoping much. I would recommend giving yourself 5 to take your time and enjoy. Ideally the beaches will be open in most normal circumstances. Here is the whole trip, hope you enjoy.

Love your videos man, the review on the fridge nailed my decision on the 45 as well. Keepem coming Sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles